Options
My first "Larry Shepherd" purchase: A success story
One of the best classes I ever took at the ANA Summer Seminar was Larry Shepherd and Andy Kimmel's class on "Thinking Like a Pro". They explained how you should look for "WOW" coins and that they are the true rarities. (A WOW coin is one where when you see it, you go WOW! lol)
In the recent FUN Heritage Auction I spotted this coin and my eyes became glued to it. Twenty some odd people along with myself either tracked or bid on it and I told myself "forget the Greysheet price, BUY IT!" After winning I couldn't get over how awesome it looked and couldn't wait to take it to CAC. Take a look at the second picture for the results.

In the recent FUN Heritage Auction I spotted this coin and my eyes became glued to it. Twenty some odd people along with myself either tracked or bid on it and I told myself "forget the Greysheet price, BUY IT!" After winning I couldn't get over how awesome it looked and couldn't wait to take it to CAC. Take a look at the second picture for the results.

0
Comments
It's funny how when you stretch for a so-so coin you usually regret it.
I don't remember ever regretting a great coin purchase even when I stretched.
Good for you!
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.
That's a beaut . . . Got a reverse shot?
CONGRATS ! ! !
HH
1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
I just checked the twenty Classic Commemoratives I bought from Larry Shepherd over the years. One PCGS did not earn the CAC sticker, and five NGC failed to CAC.
Most of the ones that did not sticker were special varieties. One PCGS earned the Gold CAC. Most dealers I hear go to sell to Larry whenever they have especially nice coins to wholesale.
Congrats on the gold
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.
Larry is one of the reasons I collect the way I do. MJ
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
Great little Merc there ! ! !
EDITED TO ADD: . . . Damn that's annoying ! ! !
HH
1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
Hoard the keys.
Empty Nest Collection