Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heritage "Buy It Now" - I may have sold something

ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭
Got an email this morning saying "Your Sell Offer has been accepted". Funny thing is, I didn't even realize I had listed it. Has anyone else sold an item this way?

Decisions, decisions, decisions.


Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Comments

  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Strange that they would list if for sale without your knowing. How did they establish a selling price?image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting bothered about a Darkside coin that I don't want to sell. I just ignore them.
    You are not obliged.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Strange that they would list if for sale without your knowing. How did they establish a selling price?image >>



    I think I did mark it as available, I just forgot. Kind of caught me off guard.

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I keep getting bothered about a Darkside coin that I don't want to sell. I just ignore them.
    You are not obliged. >>



    you should opt out. it is very annoying to offer on something and not hear from someone. by having the option on that screen it looks like you are entertaining offers.

    this goes for anyone opting in that really have no intention or desire to be bothered with offers.
    .

    <--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been ignored everytime I've offered a seller a major profit!!
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image I'm pleasantly surprised that it actually does get to the current owner. I've tried it so many times with no success. How recently did you purchase the coin?
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of always thought those items were house coins, and they were looking for a market for them between auctions. Never bothered making an offer on any of them because of that.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly, unless you opt out all the coins you purchase at auction from Heritage are automatically enrolled in their program. Therefore an enormous number of coins will lead to a dead end on the part of the person offering to buy and other coins, which may still be with those who purchased the coin through Heritage, will not actually be for sale.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an offer on an MS 65 Flyer I got from Heritage. I would have made something like $150 on the deal; I passed on it.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>If I recall correctly, unless you opt out all the coins you purchase at auction from Heritage are automatically enrolled in their program. >>



    I don't believe this is true. You have to set your own "Buy It Now" price.


    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    I have sold several items at a nice profit. (Comics, not coins - the market is red hot right now!)
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>If I recall correctly, unless you opt out all the coins you purchase at auction from Heritage are automatically enrolled in their program. >>



    I don't believe this is true. You have to set your own "Buy It Now" price. >>



    In my case the buyer always makes an offer. You can accept, reject, or coounter.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .
    congtaz shamika image

    on another note, there was a thread about this feature not long ago and i went into quite extensively with images and everything. it is in the archives
    .

    <--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>image I'm pleasantly surprised that it actually does get to the current owner. I've tried it so many times with no success. How recently did you purchase the coin? >>



    I purchased the coin last April.

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I've been ignored everytime I've offered a seller a major profit!! >>



    I'm not sure if everyone realizes this, but Heritage keeps 10% of the offer if the offer is accepted. As a result, any major profit may no longer be major.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,232 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>If I recall correctly, unless you opt out all the coins you purchase at auction from Heritage are automatically enrolled in their program. >>



    I don't believe this is true. You have to set your own "Buy It Now" price. >>



    Since you had not realized or not remembered the item was listed as possibly available, I had thought you were actually writing about the "Make Offer" feature even though you clearly wrote "Buy It Now" in the thread. The "Make Offer" feature has an opt-out option and this is what I was writing about. I just misunderstood your post.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Since you had not realized or not remembered the item was listed as possibly available, I had thought you were actually writing about the "Make Offer" feature even though you clearly wrote "Buy It Now" in the thread. The "Make Offer" feature has an opt-out option and this is what I was writing about. I just misunderstood your post. >>



    Sorry about that Tom. Actually, the program to which I was referring is called "Buy Now from Owner" and I did indeed set a price. I had simply forgotten that I did. I've always said that every coin in my collection is available for sale if the price is right. Unfortunately, after Heritage takes their cut, there's not much left.

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Got an email this morning saying "Your Sell Offer has been accepted". Funny thing is, I didn't even realize I had listed it. Has anyone else sold an item this way?

    Decisions, decisions, decisions. >>

    Take the money and run!!! image


    image

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭
    So I'm confused if I'm supposed to pay postage/insurance of if Heritage does.


    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭✭
    I got one of these offers on a coin I had purchased at Heritage a few days earlier, accepted it, sent the coin to HA per their instructions, and a few weeks later I had a check in the PO box.

    Seemed like a pretty good system to me!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file