Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 Lent Resolution...

This Lent, I am trying something out most young people with Facebook accounts wouldn't dream of doing: giving up the entire internet for 40 days and 40 nights.

For practicality's sake, since I am a student, I'll be checking emails from professors- but that's it. It's always a pleasure reading the forum threads, so I will miss dropping in each day and learning a ton. I guess this means my coin related activity will be spent at the shows, b&m stores, and libraries. Hopefully, by the time I return, there will be a few new purchases and some cherry picks, as I'm in the process of sorting through 15 pounds of pre-1965 silver coins from a jeweler in Chicago (crossing my finger for a variety).

See you all later!
Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
Pre-Jump Grade Project
Toned Commemoratives

Comments

  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

    ...yeah but it'll be worth it on judgment day. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are giving up "learning" for Lent ?

    What is wrong with knowledge?

    I don't get it.

  • Options


    << <i>you are giving up "learning" for Lent ?

    What is wrong with knowledge?

    I don't get it. >>



    Yes, because the only way to "learn" is to use the internet. Libraries, books, classes, one-to-one conversations... those don't amount to anything.
    Regards,
    Dolan
  • This content has been removed.
  • Options


    << <i>I'm giving up sobriety for lent. >>


    +1. I actually know someone who did it back in college. His personality eventually changed to someone who was perpetually high... even when he was sober.
    Regards,
    Dolan
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something I never do.... self deprivation never interested me....Life is too short. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Something I never do.... self deprivation never interested me....Life is too short. Cheers, RickO >>





    imageimage

    Guess that beats giving up beer & women for Lint ! ! !

    HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file