Options
The 2013 State of the Hobby Address...
Let's see, where should we start???
Andy Lustig
Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.
Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.
Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
0
Comments
Oops...
<< <i>"Four double eagles and seven Morgans ago..."
Oops...
I thought that began, "Four scores and seven rips ago..."
<< <i>Based on the Long Beach reports...the state seems to be very good.....Cheers, RickO >>
I agree...the mood seems better of late in this 'coin society'. There's less gun and gold/silver postings over the last year then there used to be.
Well?
Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.
"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
http://www.american-legacy-coins.com
EAC 6024
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
Gold and silver coins are being produced in greater numbers than ever before. If people aren't feeling wealthy, they should. We will create wealth by selling less for more and the people will be happy. Postal workers won't be getting overtime for Saturday work and this will save billions. Packages will still be delivered, so eBay is safe from the chopping block. This means shipping won't miss a lick.
Copper will always be reactive. Silver will always tone (way different the second time around)
All is well in the world of coins. Have no fear. There is nothing to fear but coin doctors.
(None of this factual. I'm just having a little fun with coins at the mint and beyond)
Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.
<< <i>Simpson and TDN need to send us a few coins - part of the upcoming redistribution plan.
Here! Here!
"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
http://www.american-legacy-coins.com
"Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong
Coin's for sale/trade.
Tom Pilitowski
US Rare Coin Investments
800-624-1870
And we are seeing some of that happening--the Paul Gerrie collection of large cents did great at Goldbergs, along
with a few other series. The 1808 CBH in PC 66 was uber strong, realizing close to 50K with juice.
If Stewart were to sell his copper, and High Desert some of his monsters, we could be in a new era of multiple coins exceeding all current guides.
Then there is the Newman collection- I have seen his 1794 dollar, raw, and it is a beaut. This sale( in multiples) will mark 2013 as a banner year, like 1997-Eliasberg_
1998-Pittman and Price.
I am getting ready!
<< <i>Let's see, where should we start??? >>
You've got the microphone, MrE. I'm listenin'!
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
<< <i>
<< <i>"Four double eagles and seven Morgans ago..."
Oops...
I thought that began, "Four scores and seven rips ago..." >>
I must admit, I spewed a little Pepsi when I read this!
Good stuff!!!
<< <i>The only thing we have to fear is...
Well? >>
higher prices and more juice? maybe both
<< <i>Really looking forward to seeing the Newman auction(s)! May have to refi the house yet again.
take out an extra hundie
MJ
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
<< <i>I thought that began, "Four scores and seven rips ago..." >>
LOL!
<< <i>Really looking forward to seeing the Newman auction(s)! May have to refi the house yet again.
I run down his street and right by his house three days per week. I am going to try to get him to sell me the good stuff before it goes out the door.
<< <i>This year will be important, and new price records will be exceeded, but only if coins come out of hiding.
And we are seeing some of that happening--the Paul Gerrie collection of large cents did great at Goldbergs, along
with a few other series. The 1808 CBH in PC 66 was uber strong, realizing close to 50K with juice.
If Stewart were to sell his copper, and High Desert some of his monsters, we could be in a new era of multiple coins exceeding all current guides.
Then there is the Newman collection- I have seen his 1794 dollar, raw, and it is a beaut. This sale( in multiples) will mark 2013 as a banner year, like 1997-Eliasberg_
1998-Pittman and Price.
I am getting ready! >>
I don't know why the Pittman, Eliasberg and other heirs decided to sell at the bottom of the market in 1996-1997 but they did. I suspect they got tired of waiting after missing
boat in 1989. It did sort of look like in 1996 that the coin market doldrums would never end. The stock market was hot and coins were not. Stewart, HD and others aren't ready
to sell into a less than blazing market like Pittman and Eliasberg did. Some others who have sinced passed on would have to get that ball rolling. The market is great for 6 and 7
figure rarities.....and even some of the best REG sets aren't in that company. We're probably still a few years away from a 1980 type market blowout (ie Garrett auction) for coin
rarities. We need both gold and silver to join in that blowout parabolic move as they did in the late 1970's. Still a ways to go there "pardners." And while junk and mid-level coins
went way up in 1980 I'm not so sure that they will take part in a final run up this time around. There are just too many coins and not enough buyers to spin prices to lofty levels. In
many cases we've yet to exceed the 1980 or 1989-90 highs.