Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I knew I put that somewhere

I was taking down a book from a high shelf.
Along with the accumulated dust and cat hair, a small envelope fell down.
Inside was a 1/10 oz AGE in a gold bezel.
I don't remember buying it or putting it up there but I guessing it was around 4 or 5 years ago.
Isthmus be my lucky day! image

Comments

  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image
  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is always fun...like finding treasure (except it was yours all along). Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you know that you put it somewhere if you do not remember buying it or putting it thereimage

    Great job on striking gold in your own house... you should probably stake a claim for the mineral rights before someone else doesimage
  • Options
    I once forgot about 6 grams of gold in a box with a secret compartment.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>How did you know that you put it somewhere if you do not remember buying it or putting it thereimage >>



    that is classic. i MUST use it sometime soon.
    .

    <--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

  • Options


    << <i>That is always fun...like finding treasure (except it was yours all along). Cheers, RickO >>


    I have to go on a treasure hunt thru the rest of the house - no telling what will show up!
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's gold in them there book shelves!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Not really looking for much these days but if I were, it might be a toner. :smile:
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a 17th century English jeton from filthybroke last week, got in the mail yesterday and promptly lost it in my desk. I literally looked a couple of hours, pulling drawers, dumping drawers, checking cabinets etc. Then I gave up and checked the paper shredder because I shredded the envelope. Nothing. I gave up and last night I opened a desk drawer looking for a post it note and voila there was my jeton in the holder stuck in betwixt the post it notes.

    image

    This is a medalet created by Simon de Passe, a Dutch engraver that was contracted to the Danish government to produce medals and engravings, this piece of English and Scottish King Charles I and Queen Maria was created ca. 1626-7 and sold into the English market.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot that I sold something from SDB but
    couldn't remember it !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you could count on a better ROI than cash in a bank. image

    "Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.american-legacy-coins.com

  • Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    Why can't I find gold in my house...
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options


    << <i>I bought a 17th century English jeton from filthybroke last week, got in the mail yesterday and promptly lost it in my desk. I literally looked a couple of hours, pulling drawers, dumping drawers, checking cabinets etc. Then I gave up and checked the paper shredder because I shredded the envelope. Nothing. I gave up and last night I opened a desk drawer looking for a post it note and voila there was my jeton in the holder stuck in betwixt the post it notes.

    image

    This is a medalet created by Simon de Passe, a Dutch engraver that was contracted to the Danish government to produce medals and engravings, this piece of English and Scottish King Charles I and Queen Maria was created ca. 1626-7 and sold into the English market. >>



    Is that jeton hand engraved?
    Please visit Dave Wnuck Numismatics LLC at DaveWcoins.com
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this coin disappear for several months. I could not find it anywhere. Then one day my wife handed it to me and said she found it under the drivers seat of my truck when she was looking for something else. Funny thing is, I never panicked. I knew it had to be around somewhere. It had fallen off my dash and under the seat.

    image
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭


    Still amoungst the missing for the last 8 years.............. somewhere hiding around the house.........

    image
    PCGS AU 58
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

    New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    image

    This is a medalet created by Simon de Passe, a Dutch engraver that was contracted to the Danish government to produce medals and engravings, this piece of English and Scottish King Charles I and Queen Maria was created ca. 1626-7 and sold into the English market.

    Is that jeton hand engraved? >>



    It is created using a reverse hub process, but was struck on a screw press.
  • Options
    I have my stuff hidden in several places throughout the house. That's my biggest fear... forgetting where I hide them.

    I had savings bonds hidden for 6 years, I couldn't find them when I wanted to exchange them. Happened to find them while packing for a move.
  • Options
    Actually thought of coming up with a puzzle/map for the locations of my stash... but I'll probably forget how to decipher it. HAHA!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image

    That happens to me periodically. We generate a LOT of cat hair and dust in this household. In fact, our dustbunnies get big enough to hide a coin in, sometimes! They're more like dust buffalos.

    Can't say as I've ever lost and forgotten a piece of gold, though. Did find a decent VG 20c piece once, which I had forgotten I owned.

    PS (@SaorAlba)- nice pickup on that jeton. I've long admired that piece when it was in Filthybroke's collection.

    PPS (@AMRC)- I'm gonna go out to the driveway and look under the seat of MY truck. Maybe somebody left a MS67 PL CC Morgan in mine, too! Wow.

    Oh, and BTW, I am typing this when I should be doing my pre-spring cleaning. This Caligula is likely under the desk somewhere. I was tinkering around several weeks ago, heard something hit the floor, looked all around, and couldn't find it. Thought nothing more of it. But then the coin was gone. I know it is around here somewhere but today I have to go through the gargantuan engineering effort of moving all the furniture around, rearranging the clutter piles, and finding it. This mini office area is about three to five months past being overdue for some housekeeping.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,330 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I had this coin disappear for several months. I could not find it anywhere. Then one day my wife handed it to me and said she found it under the drivers seat of my truck when she was looking for something else. Funny thing is, I never panicked. I knew it had to be around somewhere. It had fallen off my dash and under the seat.

    image >>

    sweet coin, i like image
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭


    << <i>Isthmus be my lucky day! image >>


    Uh Huh


    I am still looking for one myself...
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file