Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2013 Topps Turkey Red Baseball - Online Exclusive - NOW LIVE!

Last year they did the Topps Mini & Topps Heritage Update sets as online exclusives... now Turkey Red is the first of 2013

Pre Order just went live today

100 Card base set

10 base cards + 1 autograph per box

Limit of 25 boxes per household

Link To Topps Online Sale

I just bought 20 of them... anyone else jumping in?

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Glad you got them already. I don't collect modern, but here is what you get at that LINK:

2013 Turkey Red Baseball
    $19.99

Out of stock

Edited to add: Did I read correctly ... there are only TEN cards + 1 auto in a BOX?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Wow... those went fast!!!

It was a pre-order though, I wonder if they'll have more at a later date/time.
  • Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    It apparently sold out by 11:45 pst, which I think was less than 4 hours from launch. I picked up 5.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow... those went fast!!!
    It was a pre-order though, I wonder if they'll have more at a later date/time. >>

There is a place for them to email you when they are back in stock.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow... those went fast!!!

It was a pre-order though, I wonder if they'll have more at a later date/time. >>

I hope not. I think it would detract from the 'limited release factor' then for them to have more later in the afternoon. I got 15 at 12:54 CST. Glad I bought when I did. I do like the fact that I ordered today and they are shipping them in less than a week.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    Great time to list them on eBay!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    I agree... I think it would be cool if that was it & they sold out that fast. Just speculating though, as it was advertised as a pre-order... I assume that means there will still be a regular order offering. Who knows though?!?!?!
  • Options

<< <i>Great time to list them on eBay! >>

Someone Already has the base set listed

I'm assuming this person ordered 25. They must know a different Topps than the Topps I know - collation is hit or miss.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Great time to list them on eBay! >>

Someone Already has the base set listed

I'm assuming this person ordered 25. They must know a different Topps than the Topps I know - collation is hit or miss. >>

Ain't that the truth!!!

I opened 2 jumbo boxes of Topp Series 1 this year. The first three packs, in the first box I opened... while the inserts were different, the base cards were exactly the same! Not complaining though, those packs contain Mike Trout's and Dylan Bundy RC's.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    live again.

just ordered 10

Joe
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    I got 5 boxes. I got a box of the Series 1 and two jumbo packs last week.

This new shiny stuff is pretty exciting. But can't get too far involved, I've been selling other stuff off trying to save for a 54 Aaron PSA 6. Gotta stay focused...
  • Options

<< <i>live again. just ordered 10. Joe >>

Yup ... for you guys who want 'em, get 'em now. Looks like if you purchase 5+ boxes shipping is free.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I just placed an order for 5 boxes of the Turkey Red. Seems they made more and any remaining will be offered on 2/18

<< <i>Due to popular demand Topps has released an additional lot of boxes at the special pre-sale price. Once this lot is gone, the remainder of Turkey Red will be available the week of 2/18. Please sign up for our email alerts to get exact date and time. >>

• Options
    Got 5 more. Out of stock again.....
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    I dont even collect baseball but thought what the heck. Log in and bam sold out!!
    Oh well, more money for football cards!!image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    I just happened to be on Twitter when they released that second lot. Thought about buying 10, but thought I'd think it over and come back to it after I finished teaching my last class of the day. Sometimes impulse pays off, but I'm not complaining.

I wonder how many were available in round 2 since they were gone in less than an hour.
  • Options
    I was able to pick up 3 boxes before the sale out but can't ya order some again on 2/18? Just wondering as I see some boxes are listed on Ebay atm. Also anyone know how limited they are suppose to be?
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>I was able to pick up 3 boxes before the sale out but can't ya order some again on 2/18? Just wondering as I see some boxes are listed on Ebay atm. Also anyone know how limited they are suppose to be? >>

I think I saw somewhere the black boarder autos are limited to 34. Not sure what that means for the base set. Hope they throw in some varations or SP's to keep it interesting.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ain't that the truth!!!

I opened 2 jumbo boxes of Topp Series 1 this year. The first three packs, in the first box I opened... while the inserts were different, the base cards were exactly the same! Not complaining though, those packs contain Mike Trout's and Dylan Bundy RC's. >>

Aaaaaand..... this is why I stopped assembling Topps base sets by hand, even though I enjoy it.

I doubt the idiots realize that screwing up the collation as bad as it has been the past few years will eventually cost them money.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    theumptheump Posts: 634 ✭✭
    I haven't collected in years, but enjoy lurking and reading about all the cards I used to have.

Anyway, just so I understand, these Turkey Red Cards are $20 for a pack of 11 cards? Really? Seriously?
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't collected in years, but enjoy lurking and reading about all the cards I used to have.

Anyway, just so I understand, these Turkey Red Cards are $20 for a pack of 11 cards? Really? Seriously? >>

Its a limited edition thing through the topps website. Not quite sure how limited of an addition though. 10 base cards and one auto card in every box.
  • Options
    Not sure how that seller can guarantee a complete 100 card set if one is only allowed 25 sets, which would only give you 250 cards. This is assuming no inserts or duplicates, which undoubtedly you will get. Which makes the set that much harder to make, which at $350 for a complete set he is undervaluing it by at least $150.

Thats my thinking.
  • Options
    Back on sale on Tuesday at noon EST. for $24.99 up $5.00

Hope to get 5 more sets.

Joe
  • Options
    Was there any available today?
  • Options
    I didn't check today.

I received an email saying they would go on sale tomorrow.

Joe
  • Options
    They do 12 pm EST and they're $5 more this go round.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    I grabbed 5 more boxes bringing my total to 10. These look like nice cards.
  • Options

<< <i>I grabbed 5 more boxes bringing my total to 10. These look like nice cards. >>

I did also, to make 15 sets I hope the set total is limited and I can put together a set.

Anyone see any production numbers?

I would be up to trading to make a set. I hope the collation is better than the Topps Minis last year.

Joe
  • Options
    I had a good weekend selling off my extra bobbleheads and decided to pick up five more boxes as well. I've kinda caught the bug for new cards. Hope the 10 box investment pays off!
  • Options
    Looks like they are out of stock again. Not sure if they are sold out or just out of stock.
  • Options
    Wow, two hours, that was quick. I bought my 25 right at noon.
  • Options
    Also got a shipping notification from Topps for my first order. So I guess I will see them next week?
  • Options

<< <i>Also got a shipping notification from Topps for my first order. So I guess I will see them next week? >>

I got my notice today and scheduled delivery by end of day tomorrow. WOW

Hopefully some rippage and pics tomorrow.

Joe
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    going for 40-50 a box on ebay the last couple of days. very hot stuff at the moment...
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Just got mine. Opened a few boxes and already have 3 Mike Fiers autos and 2 Chris Archer autos. Then I notice Topps shorted me by 5 sets.

Edit - 3 Chris Archer autos now
  • Options

<< <i>Just got mine. Opened a few boxes and already have 3 Mike Fiers autos and 2 Chris Archer autos. Then I notice Topps shorted me by 5 sets.

Edit - 3 Chris Archer autos now >>

ewww. Thats a terrible collation.
  • Options
    Finished the 20 boxes that Topps sent me though I ordered 25. I haven't sorted the regular cards yet, but autos are
    4 x Scott Diamond
    4 x Chris Archer
    3 x Mike Fiers
    2 x Steve Cishek
    2 x Drew Hutchinson
    Tyler Colvin
    Jean Segura
    Alexi Amarista
    Andrew Carignan
    Brad Peac ck

I suggest sending the boxes back to Topps or selling them unopened.
  • Options
    How do the packs come packaged? Is there any sort of case structure, and if so, how many come in a case? How big are the individual packs?
  • Options

<< <i>Finished the 20 boxes that Topps sent me though I ordered 25. I haven't sorted the regular cards yet, but autos are
    4 x Scott Diamond
    4 x Chris Archer
    3 x Mike Fiers
    2 x Steve Cishek
    2 x Drew Hutchinson
    Tyler Colvin
    Jean Segura
    Alexi Amarista
    Andrew Carignan
    Brad Peac ck

I suggest sending the boxes back to Topps or selling them unopened. >>

That is brutal !!! There would be an angry call to Topps about this.

Maybe the last 5 boxes will have 5 Mike Trout autos.

I was anxious to get mine but that is scary.

How were the base cards distributed?

Joe
  • Options
    oh my!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    No case structure that I could see. Packs were wrapped in cellophane and placed in the Turkey Red boxes, which were wrapped by Topps. As for base cards, I am missing 1 card for a full set and 36 for two full sets.
  • Options

<< <i>No case structure that I could see. Packs were wrapped in cellophane and placed in the Turkey Red boxes, which were wrapped by Topps. As for base cards, I am missing 1 card for a full set and 36 for two full sets. >>

Thanks,

Which single one are you missing and I may end up with an extra one.

Joe
  • Options
    Missing #15 Curtis Granderson

As bad as the experience has been, I do like the base cards.

Also adding that Topps has already refunded me for the 5 missing boxes.
  • Options
    I was thinking cases were 20 per and the other 5 would come separate.

From what I have seen of the base cards I like them too.

No UPS yet.

Joe
  • Options
    The package I received from Topps could have easily fit 25 individual boxes in it. My package had 5 groups of 4 boxes wrapped loosely in brown paper.
  • Options
    I opened my 10 boxes with some nice autos.

Only found one # 15 Curtis Granderson.

Joe

Middlebrooks and escobar /20 Weeks /48 Hutchison /389 and Fiers /689

• Options
    I have the following base cards available if anyone needs them.

7 Albert Pujols
    14 jimmy Rollins
    19 Yovani gallardo
    26 pablo Sandoval
    37 Jake Peavy
    45 Jon Lester
    47 Mark Trumbo
    58 CC Sabathia
    80 Jered Weaver
    88 Adrian Gonzalez

I Need the following #'s to finish my set: 17 22 24 31 35 40 42 59 67 82 94

Joe
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    No Phillies autographs in the set. Weird
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.