Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Surprise package from an anonymous forum member!

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not US and not a coin, but it came from a numismatic site.

How cool is that?

The folks on these forums never cease to impress and amaze me.

Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

Comments

  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How cool is that - nice! image
    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I have a few haters amongst the lurkers, because at least two have surfaced briefly, stuck their knives in when I didn't see it coming, and then vanished back into the shadows. But it's also heartening to know that one also has "secret admirers". And the good interactions outweigh the unpleasant ones on an exponential level.

    Not that this "secret admirer" is necessarily one of our silent lurkers. I can't see behind the mask and don't recognize the handwriting. Could very well be somebody I know, but I honestly have no idea who it is. The Priority Mail box has a metered postage strip, and the ZIP code of origin is very carefully scribbled out in red ink that matches the postal printing. Somebody covered their tracks well.

    I'll bet it's a Darksider.

    This is a genuine mystery, and if this person prefers that it stay that way, who am I to complain. Can't help wondering, though.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What comes around goes around.

    A reciprocal giveaway has now been posted on the Darkside.

    Three people will be getting a free Roman coin. Two of the coins have nice desert patina.

    Litesiders may enter too. image

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.... incredible.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a really cool gift. image

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭
    Very cool indeed LordM. image


    Mike
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    way cool. is nice to have someone think of ya like that image
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's really cool! Congrats! There are some great people around here.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Not really looking for much these days but if I were, it might be a toner. :smile:
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giveaway drawing after Midnight Eastern tonight. Three Roman coins to be given away.

    Here's that link again.

    (Don't click it if you're afraid of the Dark Side of the Force.) image

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was very nice of someone. Surprising that the USPS took the package without a return address.
    theknowitalltroll;

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file