Home Metal Detecting
Options

metal detecting in Antigua???

Hi!

Just got the oppy to go to Antigua to assist a friend in a conference.

He called hotel for me and they said ok to metal detect on Hotel property...

St James Hotel

Anyone have experience there?

Thanks!
Liberty Loan Bond Man

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wonder if anyone else has been detecting there as well. just wondering is all
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No experience MD'ing there, visited, but was doing other things at the time. Nice beaches...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He called hotel for me and they said ok to metal detect on Hotel property... >>

Does this include permission to dig? ... or did you mean, the waterfront property, as in, the beach shoreline? because if it's beach "digging" you probably have nothing to worry about (doubtful they'd notice either)

Also a good idea ... make sure you get to keep what you find ... just because you got permission to detect, and even dig, doesn't mean they'll let you keep it ... just being devil's advocate here
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Also a good idea ... make sure you get to keep what you find ... just because you got permission to detect, and even dig, doesn't mean they'll let you keep it ... just being devil's advocate here >>

True- you might need to check into export laws.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.