Options

dealer site with great, great, great NFC

LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
great coins
great images
great script features (on_mouseover)
great shipping (by my experience)
and more...

i rate the experience near the top or at the top and is one of less than half a dozen dealer sites of many dozen that knows what web-based presentation means.

kudos

thought i'd share

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Comments

• Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

<< <i>.
    great coins
    great images
    and more...

i rate the experience near the top or at the top and is one of less than half a dozen dealer sites of many dozen that knows what web-based presentation means.

kudos

thought i'd share
    . >>

Thanks for sharing......although I'm not quite sure what your sharing

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess it's a super-secret site too.
  • Options
    a presumption most know whom NFC is

zlinkified!

you guys are funny!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

<< <i>.

zlinkified!

you guys are funny!
    . >>

Copied this post only to get the link......

How in the world does the 37-D Washington Q get a 67+ grade?????

I have dealt with NFC and they are indeed a good company to deal with!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>.

zlinkified!

you guys are funny!
    . >>

I have dealt with NFC and they are indeed a good company to deal with!!! >>

The true view image on the cert verification make the coin look much better. The particular coin sold at this year's FUN show for $7931, including the juice.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>.

zlinkified!

you guys are funny!
    . >>

I have dealt with NFC and they are indeed a good company to deal with!!! >>

The true view image on the cert verification make the coin look much better. The particular coin sold at this year's FUN show for $7931, including the juice. >>

So is $2K/25% generally considered a fair markup for this purchase?
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.
    great coins
    great images
    and more...

kudos

thought i'd share
    . >>

I agree with you! The few coins I've bought from them over past few years matched the images nicely and I thought were solid for the money spent, even if "fully priced" or so it seemed.
    I personally have no problem with fully priced, as I don't buy things to churn, but hopefully keep and not have to resell unless absolutely necessary.

FWIW, a forum search from a few years ago reveals members with bugs up their butt about this dealer, stemming from an old association with a particular dealer, etc. Didn't affect my opinion,
    then or now, that they have nice coins and a nice presentation.
  • Options
    http://nfccoins.com/item.aspx?pid=922270-01&cid=12

Now, all that said, I would gently opine that a 42-S Merc in AU is overpriced at $75, unless I'm missing some cherrypicker-type feature that makes it command that price. image Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something?

Doesn't matter of course -- they actually have many nice coins on their site I'd love to own.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every coin stands on it's own merit, as does every man or entity. When a man gets good treatment, money isn't always the bottom line. I know this from dealing with a lot of men, a lot of coins and a lot of entities.
  • Options

<< <i>Every coin stands on it's own merit, as does every man or entity. When a man gets good treatment, money isn't always the bottom line. I know this from dealing with a lot of men, a lot of coins and a lot of entities. >>

I like this. image
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've followed their inventory for awhile but find all of their gold to be super bright and scrubbed-up. No opinion on their other inventory. Never saw anything I really liked.
  • Options

<< <i>I've followed their inventory for awhile but find all of their gold to be super bright and scrubbed-up. No opinion on their other inventory. Never saw anything I really liked. >>

That's a fair criticism to make, but my opinion is that their gold isn't overly bright, and would def. not refer to it as scrubbed-up, as they're mostly all certified and problem-free... is it perhaps their photography that gives you that impression?
  • Options
    http://www.nfccoins.com/item.aspx?pid=924474-03&cid=27

Just plucking the above coin at random, I'd find it to be typical of their gold offerings, and def. not scrubbed up.

On the other hand, if you were looking at early bust gold, I'd bet a lot of it is hairlined, some to excess, but that
    would generally be the case for such pieces almost anywhere (and the grading services tend to be more forgiving of it.)
    As they are with all really early US issues.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>http://www.nfccoins.com/item.aspx?pid=924474-03&cid=27

Just plucking the above coin at random, I'd find it to be typical of their gold offerings, and def. not scrubbed up.

On the other hand, if you were looking at early bust gold, I'd bet a lot of it is hairlined, some to excess, but that
    would generally be the case for such pieces almost anywhere (and the grading services tend to be more forgiving of it.)
    As they are with all really early US issues. >>

FIFY
  • Options
    Appreciate the link! I am lazy or fumble-fingered today. image
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>http://www.nfccoins.com/item.aspx?pid=924474-03&cid=27

As they are with all really early US issues. >>

This is the type of piece which I am referring to:
    1860-D

Just not a fan of bright branch mint gold.
  • Options
    Ah, I would agree with you! That is a scrubbed-up piece, alas, all too typical for the issue (early C and D mint pieces often have condition issues but are still deemed market acceptable by the grading services.)

I do agree that when it comes to C and D mints, if you're on the hunt for one, it's better to avoid such wiped/hairlined looks in favor of properly dirty circ gold, but I guess I just don't particularly fault TNFC for having
    this in inventory, as it's unfortunately pretty typical of such dates.

RYK, GeorgeKellog and other members who specialize in pursuing this type of issue would be good to confer with on finding examples that are what you're after. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I've followed their inventory for awhile but find all of their gold to be super bright and scrubbed-up. No opinion on their other inventory. Never saw anything I really liked. >>

image and especially their bust and liberty seated dimes and half dimes! Typoically they are always in new NGC or ICG holders depending on how blatant it is. >>

I think the term "Typoically" might be a perfect one, coming from realone. image
  • Options

i thought about this and a friend event contacted me prior to my making my OP about this very thing. After seeing all other dealer sites (in my listing) having the same dipped out, banged-up gold, NFC broke even in my book for this particular niche, including early dollars.

Since the actual coins were only part of my analysis, they are still near or at the top based on the criteria mentioned to me.

At least they don't have scans so you can get a decent assessment of the merchandise, more than I can say for several others with big-dollar inventories.

BUT, it is just my opinion from my experiences and they have earned what I said image

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done a few deals with Brad. Always easy peasy.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. Have bought several dimes from them......never disappointed.image
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk to Matt Kliensteuber (sp?). He's the man over there, which is funny, 'cuz he's just a kid.

I've bought a lot of nice coins from them in the past. Last year I stopped by to finally meet these guys in person. Great shop.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it looks like a pretty good site image
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Site is nice, pic are nice.

If you want to spend that kind of money on GSA or Redfield Morgans, shoot me a message..........have I got a deal for you!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file