Home Precious Metals

One of Sinclair's old mantras

The Euro...I thought he abandoned the Euro and I was thinking it (Euro) wasn't doing too bad recently compared to some other basket$.

Guess I may have been wrong.

Euro- topic today on his websiteimage

edit for terrible grammar a few times

Comments

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinclair is the one guy who truly understands the precious metals market image

JMHO GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sinclair is the one guy who truly understands the precious metals market image

JMHO GrandAm image >>

And some make him out to be the demi-god of PM'simage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And some make him out to be the demi-god of PM'simage

He's not that, but he does know what he's talking about. It's not just about gold, but international finance as well. And Treasuries. Back in 1979, I used to think he was a semi-crackpot.

I don't think that anymore.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And some make him out to be the demi-god of PM'simage

He's not that, but he does know what he's talking about. It's not just about gold, but international finance as well. And Treasuries. Back in 1979, I used to think he was a semi-crackpot.

I don't think that anymore. >>

He is very odd, but he is taking advantage of his once in a lifetime opportunity. I dont really think he knows what he is taking about, but he is good as conjuring reason to supports his "facts".
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinclair already had his "once in a lifetime" opportunity in 1971-1980. He's currently at the half way point of his 2nd such opportunity. image

Sinclair has 1,140,000,000,000 reasons behind him. There's nothing odd or conjured up with respect to this. He gave me 200,000,000,000 reasons to buy into his
    predictions back in 2002.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

He is very odd, but he is taking advantage of his once in a lifetime opportunity. I dont really think he knows what he is taking about, but he is good as conjuring reason to supports his "facts". >>

Well, that's a good enough reason to believe what he says.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

<< <i>

<< <i>

He is very odd, but he is taking advantage of his once in a lifetime opportunity. I dont really think he knows what he is taking about, but he is good as conjuring reason to supports his "facts". >>

Well, that's a good enough reason to believe what he says.

imageimageimage >>

I just hope you haven't taken any of his predictions to seriously from the last 2 years.image
    If you don't think that Sinclair knows what he's talking about, I dare you to dump your positions and to stay completely out of the metals for the next two years. Well?

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>If you don't think that Sinclair knows what he's talking about, I dare you to dump your positions and to stay completely out of the metals for the next two years. Well? >>

Spoken like a true J.S disciple. Of course you could have said that 2 years ago .. or maybe you did, but I didn't take your advise. I don't need a J.S. to tell me that there is potential in metals or stocks for that matter. Timing is crucial when it comes to investing & J.S., as of late, has missed the ball in his predictions.

<< <i>I just hope you haven't taken any of his predictions to seriously from the last 2 years.image >>

He had a pair of very gutsy calls in the past 2 years. He held firm on his January 2011 call that gold would hit $1650. That was when gold briefly popped above $1400 but
    then fell back into the low $1300's. It eventually made it's way to $1577 by late March and pulled back. Once under $1500 it looked like the game was over for a while.
    Sinclair said it wasn't and much higher prices were coming in the middle of the summer, precisely when no one was expecting it (out of gold's seasonality). Sure enough, by August
    gold had rocked to over $1900. Both predictions came true. Yeah, the $1650 call came 7 months late....out of a 10 year prediction (6% errror). The summer rally call to
    all time highs was quite gutsy as gold fell under $1500 in June 2011. I only recall 2 analysts at that time getting it right. The other one was Eric Sprott I believe. Fwiw I've
    taken Sinclair's fundamental calls quite seriously over the past 10 years. He hasn't missed one yet other than for timing.

<< <i>

<< <i>I just hope you haven't taken any of his predictions to seriously from the last 2 years.image >>

He had a pair of very gutsy calls in the past 2 years. He held firm on his January 2011 call that gold would hit $1650. That was when gold briefly popped above $1400 but
    then fell back into the low $1300's. It eventually made it's way to $1577 by late March and pulled back. Once under $1500 it looked like the game was over for a while.
    Sinclair said it wasn't and much higher prices were coming in the middle of the summer, precisely when no one was expecting it (out of gold's seasonality). Sure enough, by August
    gold had rocked to over $1900. Both predictions came true. Yeah, the $1650 call came 7 months late....out of a 10 year prediction (6% errror). The summer rally call to
    all time highs was quite gutsy as gold fell under $1500 in June 2011. I only recall 2 analysts at that time getting it right. The other one was Eric Sprott I believe. Fwiw I've
    taken Sinclair's fundamental calls quite seriously over the past 10 years. He hasn't missed one yet other than for timing. >>

Interesting...you've taken his fundamental calls seriously, but yet you are still working, like he is, and not enjoying retirement on a secluded island in the Pacific.

I'm predicting that gold will hit $2000 by 2014....however my timing may be off image
    Bull markets can make anyone look smart.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bull markets can make anyone look smart. >>

That is investment banker speak for, " I hate to give credit for where credit is due". He is very smart. There can be no argument there. If I had his money I would burn all of mine. That is how the score is kept.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Personal JS anecdote if you will.........he has on a number of occasions taken the time to personally answer my questions via e-mail or telephone. He also set me up with a GREAT old school broker in Manhattan to handle a tricky currency transaction that I wanted to take advantage of. This broker ended up getting me out of a tricky Cando play years later exactly on the right day when it made an all-time high against the dollar. It was a small time transaction I'm sure for the broker, but an important one to me. I appreciate JS and enjoy his site from time to time and in doses. His big picture outlook has been on trend. Not everybody can say that.

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

<< <i>

That is investment banker speak for, " I hate to give credit for where credit is due". He is very smart. There can be no argument there. If I had his money I would burn all of mine. That is how the score is kept.

MJ >>

You callin' me an investment banker?! Oh, how I love thee. imageimageimage

<< <i>

<< <i>

MJ >>

You callin' me an investment banker?! Oh, how I love thee. imageimageimage >>

Well, I actually didn'timage

MJ

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

MJ >>

MJ >>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

MJ >>

MJ >>

image >>

You are so cute when you frownimage

MJ
    Spoken like a true J.S disciple.

Not exactly his disciple. He does seem to follow my thinking quite closely though.image

Of course you could have said that 2 years ago .. or maybe you did, but I didn't take your advise. I don't need a J.S. to tell me that there is potential in metals or stocks for that matter.

Well, I started moving from conventional paper investments to gold & silver in 1998, and I've been "saying that" publically since I joined the forum in 2006 anyhow. Nothing has really changed since then, except for the velocity of the dollar devaluation.

Timing is crucial when it comes to investing & J.S., as of late, has missed the ball in his predictions.

Timing isn't crucial (for me, anyhow). I respectfully disagree about timing. The importance of timing is highly overrated.

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp. Somebody around here has that as his byline.

I knew it would happen.
  • I have found JS to be truly honest and stand by his convictions. How many of us can say that? One either follows his forecast or not. His Mindset page continues to inform on many issues, that which we rarely hear on the news.

It is imperative that each of us stay informed and we alone are responsible for our own convictions. Have we become so irresponsible that we do not take responsibility for our own decisions?

You can believe what he predicts or you can choose another road, but don't berate a person of integrity. And if you think JS is manipulative, self serving, and/or dishonest, then I would question this reasoning.

Timing isn't crucial (for me, anyhow). I respectfully disagree about timing. The importance of timing is highly overrated.

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp. Somebody around here has that as his byline. >>

I think timing is the ONLY thing that is important. Time

<< <i>Interesting...you've taken his fundamental calls seriously, but yet you are still working, like he is, and not enjoying retirement on a secluded island in the Pacific.

I'm predicting that gold will hit $2000 by 2014....however my timing may be off image >>

While bull markets can make anyone look smart, getting an early start and hanging on for the long haul is what most people don't do. I thank JS for getting me on the bull in Sept 2002.
    That has made it very easy to stay aboard. Had I went 100% in gold and silver in 2004 I wouldn't be working today. Unfortunately, my love for rare coins and the "faith" that they
    would outperform metals (ie 1975-1980) kept a lot of money in areas that produced a much lower return. Sinclair is trying to build something with his Tanzanian Royalty Company and
    then pass it down to his heirs. He has trading and PMs flowing through his body and isn't the type to retire to the South Pacific. His retirement dream is Tanzania and that's not too far
    from fruition. His Sharon, CT farm/compound was placed on the market in late 2012. Retire just before the 2nd gold bull in 50 yrs ends? Not likely. This is one you ride to the end if
    your health is willing.

$2,000 gold by 2014 is a fair prediction regardless of timing as >95% of the US thinks such a thing is probably improbable if not impossible. A bull market negates minor misses in timing.
    Few people boarded the gold bull in 2002. We argued around here in great detail from 2004-2005 on whether there was even a gold bull in progress. For something "so easy," the train
    had very few passengers.
    getting an early start and hanging on for the long haul is what most people don't do.

And in retrospect, nearly EVERYONE says "if I had just started buying a little at a time, back then"..................

It's the same story in every great bull market, nobody believes what they're seeing until after the fact.

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>getting an early start and hanging on for the long haul is what most people don't do.

And in retrospect, nearly EVERYONE says "if I had just started buying a little at a time, back then"..................

It's the same story in every great bull market, nobody believes what they're seeing until after the fact. >>

And no one believes its over until after the fact.

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>getting an early start and hanging on for the long haul is what most people don't do.

It's the same story in every great bull market, nobody believes what they're seeing until after the fact. >>

And no one believes its over until after the fact. >>

True...but it ain't over.

1:1 Gold vs DJIA......then it'll be over.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
    And no one believes its over until after the fact.

It's not over. (I was also going to say, "and you heard it here first", but DE59 beat me to it!image

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>And no one believes its over until after the fact.

It's not over. (I was also going to say, "and you heard it here first", but DE59 beat me to it!image >>

I didn't say it was over either. But we know until after its over.

I didn't say it was over either. But we know until after its over.

No, you didn't - but you always make me nervous when you start talking about this timing stuff.image

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>I didn't say it was over either. But we know until after its over.

No, you didn't - but you always make me nervous when you start talking about this timing stuff.image >>

Metals are dead for a bit longer. But the sun will shine again.