Home U.S. Coin Forum

Star turn: ANA member to appear on Pawn Stars

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
American Numismatic Association member Greg Schenewerk and his bronze Carnegie Medal for Heroism are ready for their close up. When both appear on an upcoming episode of The History Channel's popular series "Pawn Stars," the ANA's Summer Seminar will be the likely beneficiary of the taping.
Link

Is he a forum member?
"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea if he's a forum member, but I like the medal. It looks like the citation on the medal is raised, and not engraved. How were these made? Is there a separate part containing only the citation that is inserted into the die as the medal is struck or is the citation struck separately and then encased into the medal, either when the medal is struck or attached later? At any rate, I hope he either gets a fair offer or takes any higher offers he has going into the taping.

• << <i>No idea if he's a forum member, but I like the medal. It looks like the citation on the medal is raised, and not engraved. How were these made? Is there a separate part containing only the citation that is inserted into the die as the medal is struck or is the citation struck separately and then encased into the medal, either when the medal is struck or attached later? At any rate, I hope he either gets a fair offer or takes any higher offers he has going into the taping. >>

Offhand I'd say the citation looks like it is a piece inserted into the die.
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting to watch it !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Waiting to watch it !!! image >>

+1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file