Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Price Hike - Shipping to Canada?

Am I doing something wrong or did the cost to ship cards to Canada skyrocket. Just tried printing label from Ebay for 2 oz package total of $6.16.
Always buying Gretzky PSA Graded

Need some 2007 A&G Regular Back Mini's PM if you have any and I will send my needs list.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, that is correct. Prices went up this week.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    I just ate it on shipping to Canada. My auctions ended yesterday and I normally charge $3.50 to Canada for 1 graded card in cardboard padding in bubble mailer. It is now $6.91 exactly.
  • Options
    Guys stamps.com will be your savior for international shipping.

1oz first class large envelope to Australia is $2.05
  • Options
    Yes... Shipping international is now unreal... 3 Oz to Tawain is now $9.. was $3.50... Guess we don't want people to buy product from the US..
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options

<< <i>Guys stamps.com will be your savior for international shipping.

1oz first class large envelope to Australia is $2.05 >>

There's no savings there, because it's $2.05 at the post office too (to Australia or Canada).

Or, are you saying that the stamps.com price is cheaper than $2.05?
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure there are Canadian members on this board. What do you expect from an ebay seller in terms of S&H? Timing, cost, customs forms, etc.

I'm looking a big hockey deal, but I not sure if I will go through with it since I don't think it is worth it to break up the low $ stuff and sell on ebay. If I block Canadians from my hockey listings, I might as well flush those items down the toilet.

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Guys stamps.com will be your savior for international shipping.

1oz first class large envelope to Australia is $2.05 >>

There's no savings there, because it's $2.05 at the post office too (to Australia or Canada).

Or, are you saying that the stamps.com price is cheaper than $2.05? >>

its not but from what I heard people at many post offices will only say the bubble mailers are packages which are $6+ to ship
  • Options
    I sent one yesterday to Canada. Ebay checkout wanted $6.16. I physically went to PO and shipped it for $1.10. FYI
  • Options
    I sent one to Canada today and my 3.95 package is now 7.45 It really sucks to be honest as I sell a lot of hockey and this is tough on everyone.
  • Options

I sent one yesterday to Canada. Ebay checkout wanted $6.16. I physically went to PO and shipped it for $1.10. FYI

Was that in a PWE or letter form? Can't be that cheap in a bubble mailer /package
  • Options
    Hi
    We know you can't control post office cost, shipping time and expect you to declare proper amount of sale just want to be able to bid on sales and receive cards. It obviously has an effect on what we will buy. Cheap wax no as shipping costs more than items. High value items no problems. This why I try to purchase multiple items. I also sell very little because of shipping costs are even higher from Canada to US. When I retire in 2 years and move beside the border I will sell more when I can ship from the US.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same experience. A package that used to cost maybe $3.25 to ship to Canada shot up to almost $7. No more shipping cheapo items to Canada for me.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    The price for a 3 oz bubble mailer went up 12 cents as well. The USPS will not be operating too much longer with the complete gouging
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    I'm in Canada and buy a fair bit from the States so this doesn't impress me. Beckett website had an article about the increase on their site earlier in the week.

What really ticks me off about ebay is that I no longer can have top rated seller status on ebay.com because I don't ship to the US with tracking (unless it's a high dollar amount or requested and paid by buyer).
  • Options
    Yes it was a small 4x8 bubble mailer. $1.10 is what they charged me and I declared it a postcard worth $10.

Jason
  • Options
    I should have added that if i have to pay $6 to have one card shipped to me from the States, I would really need to have the card to pay that shipping cost. 1 graded card via USPS to Canada is $6? I just had 146 graded cards shipped to me in Canada from PSA for 53 bucks via Fed Ex.
  • Options
    wow...reg mail went up too....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Yes it was a small 4x8 bubble mailer. $1.10 is what they charged me and I declared it a postcard worth $10.

I think your postal clerk made a mistake and sent it out as a letter. It may or may not go thru. Either it's going to be sent back
    or the additional charge will be dumped on the buyer when he/she gets it.

I just sent a 4 oz bubble mailer (3.8 oz to be exact) which consisted of 2 PSA graded cards in cardboard padding.
    Total cost was $6.91 online. I went and checked the usps.com site to verified. If I went in person, it would be $7.35 and $6.91 online.

Edited: Looks like the clerk messed up.

Found the answer to Vintageinvestments $1.10 on the USPS website.

Priority Mail® International Options

>> Click to View these Mailing Options
    First-Class International Options

First-Class Mail® International Letter**

Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00

Max. length 11-1/2", height 6-1/8" or thickness 1/4"

Varies by destination $1.10 <<
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    This is a SHOCKINGLY terrible thing to do to online sellers and buyers. I though the government regulates the Post Office's prices???
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sent a package to Germany. I quoted the pre-FU price to the buyer last week and I'm going to eat the difference. The cost was $6.16, I guess the same cost as it is to Canada. I say the USPS is ripping off people sending items to Canada, their cost to Germany has to be much higher than Canada.

This pretty much made my decision, no more low dollar hockey items for me. It just isn't worth it.
    Mike
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    no more low dollar hockey items for me. It just isn't worth it.

I'm in the same boat. I have raw and graded hockey. All I collect is hockey and half my buyers are from up north.
    I'm thinking on low dollar items (ending under $10), I may have to send it in a PWE and pay $1.10 and take my chances.
    Maybe list other options if they're willing to pay for it. I dunno know anymore....frustrating.
  • Options
    If it's one card in a top loader I can say that I wouldn't care if it came in a plain white envelope. That's how I ship single low $ cards to Europe and nobody seems to mind because if I sent in bubble mailer it would triple the cost of shipping.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sent one to Canada today and my 3.95 package is now 7.45 It really sucks to be honest as I sell a lot of hockey and this is tough on everyone. >>

Same thing happened to a friend of mind today. He was told that the "firmness" of the package being mailed will determine the price. A card in a PWE will be less than a bubble wrapped mailer.
  • Options
    oops ... error in message.

Too bad some buyers think people ship by throwing cards out the living room window with little to no care.