Home Precious Metals

Bullion dealers allowing Credit card purchases with an added fee

EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
I see that APMEX is now allowing you to use a credit card to buy bullion. They are now allowed to charge the merchant fee. Do you think this will be common with all coin dealers in the near future?
Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:

Comments

• TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    APMEX has always allowed one to use a credit card to purchase bullion. Their way around the fee is to charge less for shipping when paying by check.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be no change in any of the online PM dealers with CC fees, everybody already charged them.
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dealer I know adds on the processing fee from the cc company onto his customers that use cards. He warns then before the purchase to see if they agree to the charges, almost all do. Its to keep his 3% margin on bullion sales.
  • When I had my store I was told by CC company and by Mass. Dept. of revenue I could not advertise or charge extra for using CC BUT could put up a sign 'discount for cash'.. I did this for awhile, pissed off some customers and quickly took it down and just used one price for both. now it seems you can do anything you want but many customers whatever your selling will not like it.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>APMEX has always allowed one to use a credit card to purchase bullion. Their way around the fee is to charge less for shipping when paying by check. >>

APMEX has a 2 tier paying system and so does Provident... check or MO etc and cc. CC is about 3% higher. Btw, you will pay the same amount for s&h, whether you pay by check or cc.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."