Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

going through a snad case right now Update Won case time to ship Question

I was looking at a card on ebay and the seller said it was original but marked it as a reprint in the item specs. I emailed the guy asking if I got it graded and it was deemed to be a reprint/fake would you refund me? He said yes indeed. Well i win the card, get it graded and it was deemed a reprint by bgs so I open a SNAD on ebay last thursday. The seller has not replied at all to the case and I have to wait til this thursday to escalate it. He has no return policy but I think with the email showing he would refund me ill be ok right?

UPDATE!!! Won the case and ebay sent me a prepaid ups packing label, can I use a bubble mailer to ship the card back? I don't have a box that would be long/wide enough for the packing label.

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I suggest you not buy cards that are listed as reprints in the hopes they are real, regardless of what the seller guarantees.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    What CDsNuts said.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    What NickM said CDsNuts said.

Larry
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    throw up a link...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    link i asked the question on-

original auction

he ended it because of really low feedback bidders

auction i won-
    other jordan

got it graded by becketts, came back as questionable authenticity. Showed him pics of the card with the grading and reminded him about our agreement if its deemed a reprint he would refund me the purchase price. Then opened up a case with no response from him since. Will be escalating it Thursday.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this works out for you.

By no means am I trying to throw salt on an open wound but why on earth would you buy a raw Jordan from a seller with 10 feebacks and has no selling history who purchased two Jordan reprints on January 6th?

• Options
    reason why was because after I asked about the refund thing i thought that would be my fallback, hope im right.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I love the logic of crying to the board after you got scammed, rather than before you bought the card. If you had posted an "Is this card real" thread before you sent this guy $350, at least 20 people on here would've been able to definitively tell you the card is an obvious counterfeit.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I love the logic of crying to the board after you got scammed, rather than before you bought the card. If you had posted an "Is this card real" thread before you sent this guy $350, at least 20 people on here would've been able to definitively tell you the card is an obvious counterfeit. >>

Well there's that plus the golden rule in sport cards: Never buy raw from "swap meet louie". All 404 of them.

It would seem like if it is a reprint, it could be returned as SNAD with no issues. Hope it works out.
  • Options
    well got an email from ebay asking if the seller has replied and because he has not, i was able to escalate it today. Only time will tell
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    He bought five Jordan Rcs as a reprint under the same ebay ID as his selling account.... with his feedback rating on ebay and not doing your homework you are definitely creating a lot of headache on your end. Good luck but I do feel that you could have easily prevented yourself from sweating this out and spending unnecessary time resolving this situation.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    well I won the case and ebay sent me a prepaid ups packing label, can I use a bubble mailer to ship the card back? I don't have a box that would be long/wide enough for the packing label.
  • Options
    That is good news.

In the future do a little homework on the person you are buying a card from. Always go through their feedback and see if anything doesn't add up.

If it doesn't then you just need to learn to move on.

Most sellers on EBAY are good people and that is what makes EBAY such a powerhouse.

• Options
    lesson learned for sure.

One small concern is what if the seller does not sign for the package would I still get a refund?
  • Options
    Not sure. Perhaps others can chime in.
  • Options
    If it was for over $250 he must sign. I would spend the extra money for SC just to be on the safe side.

I also agree with DPeck about doing your homework next time.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options

<< <i>If it was for over $250 he must sign. I would spend the extra money for SC just to be on the safe side.

I also agree with DPeck about doing your homework next time. >>

see im not sure whether it would be ups or usps dropping off the mailer to the person so im not sure if I purchase the sc that which company it will go through
  • Options
    Is it a PO box or a physical address? I ship almost exclusively with USPS and for sure get signature confirmation.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    its a physical address. this is part of the message i got from ebay-

"We're contacting you about the case you opened for michael jordan rookie card fleer #57 1986 (261153785253).

As a courtesy, we're covering your return shipping costs by providing you a prepaid label to return the item. It's important that you ship the item back in the next 7 days so you can get a refund.

Be sure to pack the item carefully and securely and to include all parts of the item. The seller must receive the item in the same condition that you received it for you to be eligible for your refund.

To print the label, paste the link below into your browser:

Attach the label to the box, and send the item back to the seller using United Parcel Service (UPS) shipping.

We'll enter the tracking information from the label into the Resolution Center. Once we have confirmation that the item has been delivered, we'll refund you within 3 days for the cost of the item plus original shipping (as long as the seller hasn't issued you a refund).

If you decide not to use our prepaid shipping label, you'll need to pay for shipping and add tracking information to your case. If your transaction is $250.00 or over, you must ship with signature confirmation."

so i printed out the label they gave me a put it on a bubble mailer. This part confuses me a little as to whether usps or ups will be actually delivering it-

"Tender your package to either UPS or the United States Postal Service. UPS locations include The UPS Store®, UPS drop boxes, UPS customer centers, authorized retail outlets and UPS drivers. Find your closest UPS location at:"
  • Options
    It is your option on where you send it, for me it is most convenient to ship USPS than UPS. It would be more worthwhile to eat the shipping cost and pay for signature confirmation than to ship UPS in my circumstance. It is up to you.....
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Ebay sent him instructions on how to print a prepaid return label and detailed instructions on how to return the package. That is Ebay's buyer protection process and if he wants a refund then following that process is the safest and easiest way to obtain the refund. I would not use a bubble envelope. I would find a box and make sure it's packed safe and secure. It was a reckless purchase, the return doesn't need to be.
  • Options

<< <i>Ebay sent him instructions on how to print a prepaid return label and detailed instructions on how to return the package. That is Ebay's buyer protection process and if he wants a refund then following that process is the safest and easiest way to obtain the refund. I would not use a bubble envelope. I would find a box and make sure it's packed safe and secure. It was a reckless purchase, the return doesn't need to be. >>

I just went ahead and printed out my own priority mail label with signature confirmation and gave ebay the tracking number