Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I just paid $15.00 for something I bid $500.00 for last year.

Just won it today. A BIN for $15.50. Couldn't believe it.

Bid over $500.00 for this very same item last year and lost.

Have only seen three of these on ebay in a long, long time.

The last two ebay sales are $130.00 in 2009
and $566.00 in 2011.

Can't wait to hear from someone who says I should have contacted the seller to inform him to relist his item at a hgh price before I bought it. image

Comments

• Options
    Congrats! It's not your fault nobody else bid higher. What was it?
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    NM my bidding comment.....I just saw you got it BIN. Still, everyone should be happy. Seller got what he wanted.....it's not your fault he didn't want more either.
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    I don't know if that's good or bad for you - you paid $500 once so either now you got whatever it is you bought at an amazing price or you seriously overpaid the first time. So lets stop with the teasing and let us in on what it was you bought since you now have our attention.
  • Options
    Foo-

My original post says I bid over $500.00 and lost image

I just checked my losing bid, and it was actually 740.00

So someone else paid $740.00 for this last year, and I got it for $15.50 image
    Needless to say, I would have paid much higher then $15.50
  • Options
    Amazing purchase then for $15. So are you going to kindly share with us what this item was?
  • Options
    I won't post the auctions now, but I will post after I receive the item in the mail.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    enjoy your Melky Cabrera card.
  • Options
    Haha the melk man awesome. Or maybe a grady sizemore super fractor variation.....
  • Options

<< <i>enjoy your Melky Cabrera card. >>

It is an item of the greatest player to ever play the game of hockey.
  • Options
    Ok gretzky.

70s 80s or 90s?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

It is an item of the greatest player to ever play the game of hockey. >>

if you caught Melky at the right moment, he would have told you he was. image
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

nice....
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>It is an item of the greatest player to ever play the game of hockey. >>

I'm looking forward to seeing your Dominik Hasek item. image
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I won't post the auctions now, but I will post after I receive the item in the mail. >>

That is very wise. Congrats, and looking forward to seeing what it is.

• Options
    i would not have posted this until the item is in hand.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Just curious, but how can you go back to 2009 and see an item on eBay. When I go to 'completed auctions' it only goes back 30
    Days or so for me.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i would not have posted this until the item is in hand. >>

agreed, or at the very least not give any clues as to what was purchased. There are enough vindictive sorts out there that delight in screwing with another's good fortune.
  • Options
    Google allows you to see items that ended beyond the 30 day ebay limit.

Pete Rose PSA 8 rookie that ended in July 2011
  • Options
    I will not be giving any clues about what it was.

Like you said, if I did, someone would spend night and day trying to ruin it for me.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I won't post the auctions now, but I will post after I receive the item in the mail. >>

Smart move! A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    you should have waited.. I bet there is an alt contacting the seller right now.

congrats on the buy.. hopefully you get it and it wasn't a simple listing error
  • Options

<< <i>I will not be giving any clues about what it was.

Like you said, if I did, someone would spend night and day trying to ruin it for me. >>

Well, if you were being truthful in the ending price, you've already given a clue.

If you've done business with anyone here before, there's another clue.

Congrats on the purchase, and I hope it arrives and everything works out.
  • Options
    jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    Jeremy Lin?
    Joel
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    the greatest of all time you say...... must be a wendel clark card then. image

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Like you said, if I did, someone would spend night and day trying to ruin it for me. >>

It really is a shame that this board has come to that. And it is mostly coming from a small handful of individuals. Not sure why people have to be like that - Jealousy, some chemical imbalance in the brain, I don't know. Just hate to see the forum of the most respected card grading company in the country being dragged down like that.....
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    That kind of petty behavior is not unique to this board, Bobby. I've seen it happen in FCB numerous times as well, and sure it's happened on SCF and Beckett, too. It doesn't matter what kind of online community there is, the same issues we face here will be present there. It's the sad side of human nature.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    Is it here yet?
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    found it...

Nice purchase...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't wait to hear from someone who says I should have contacted the seller to inform him to relist his item at a hgh price before I bought it. image >>

Yes. How dare you pay the price a seller is asking for an item, knowing you are getting a good deal. No one should EVER under pay. Next time, I expect you to educate the seller on their own item, so they can pull it down and relist it for twice what it's worth.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Is he that slow to ship?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Options
    I think this ship has sank image
  • Options
    too good to be true?
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>too good to be true? >>

too true to be good?
  • Options

<< <i>

too true to be good? >>

to be too true good?
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

too true to be good? >>

to be too true good? >>

Good to be too true?
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    be good.....to too true. image

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eurt eb ot doog oot
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

too true to be good? >>

to be too true good? >>

Good to be too true? >>

To too be good true?
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think this ship has sank image >>

Excellent play on the OP's name.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    No ship sank here. Just a few personal messages from people with experience who advised me to post no further details about this so
    that the people who keep responding can try to ruin it for me. The message was to ignore this thread and those who try to find out more details. So
    I'll heed their advise. They also said not to do this in the future either.
  • Options
    so does this mean we will never know what you got? And how does the person who you bought this item from know you made this thread?
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, why even start this thread if you aren't going to disclose the details? You should have just waited until you had the card in hand. This is just a waste of space otherwise.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just paid $15.00 for something I bid $500.00 for last year >>

I once got a hooker in Vietnam for a buck 2 thirty-five. Sure hope your "deal" is better. image
    Mike
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happend over a week ago right? Has the seller said hes even shipped the card. Did you get tracking. Or is he still holding it for a random reason and you are scarred to give MORE details on it other than what you have?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubted this story from the get-go..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.