tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? I do when I use the link. ???
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see plenty of lots listed and imaged.

But Rays, no worries...no 1811/0 listed image
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be the web filtering software at work.
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see them here - looking great!
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see pics of the 1796 quarter!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've really done a great job publishing information about each coin, in conjunction with PCGS. I like the layout.
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh, I like that colorful trime! image
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much there that floats my boat.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not much there that floats my boat. >>

Now there's a surprise! image
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move it to the BST forum..... image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins so far.

I wonder how hard it would be to show the holders as well, similar to what HA does??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They've really done a great job publishing information about each coin, in conjunction with PCGS. I like the layout. >>

Check out the TD listings!!!

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    1TwoBits1TwoBits Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the first two bust quarters in a LM auction this time around. No picture on the 1796 yet, as Ankur noted. I was a little turned off when I read the two bust quarter descriptions.

The 1796 is called "perfect SUPERB GEM FINE 12!"

The 1824 is similarly called "A GEM F15!"

Gee, I just realized something... all of my coins are GEM!
    Searching for bust quarters.....counterstamps, errors, and AU-MS varieties, please let me know if you can help.
  • Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't wait to see pics of the 1796 quarter! >>

1796 Quarter F-12

Maybe, perhaps, it could be it. image
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent! Lots of coins of potential interest, along with my two consigned coins. image
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like the first two bust quarters in a LM auction this time around. No picture on the 1796 yet, as Ankur noted. I was a little turned off when I read the two bust quarter descriptions.

The 1796 is called "perfect SUPERB GEM FINE 12!"

The 1824 is similarly called "A GEM F15!"

Gee, I just realized something... all of my coins are GEM! >>

LOL, all of mine are GEMs too -- unfortunately, some more than others, not even mentioning the ownership-adds-a-point factor. image
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    There are many coins shown that I would want for my collection. Too bad most are too high grade for me to afford.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    I am watching online now. They have a very user friendly and functional online bidding platform, possibly the best.
  • Options
    I lost the 1796 quarter by 1 bid. I felt the price realized was rather strong and above full retail.
    Oh well, there will be another.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I dont see any "deals" in this auction. Personally it seems to me that everything is at full retail.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    then the market report will read the same, strong coins get strong prices.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>I dont see any "deals" in this auction. Personally it seems to me that everything is at full retail. >>

Next time check the Kohl's-Morphy auction. image
  • Options

<< <i>then the market report will read the same, strong coins get strong prices. >>

Yup. I can't see dealers buying these coins for resale, at least the CAC'd coins.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont see any "deals" in this auction. Personally it seems to me that everything is at full retail. >>

Why would there be deals? Why wouldn't it be full retail? It's a small boutique auction with some pretty cool stuff in it and some knowledgable participants. It's EXTREMELY well run. It seems to me this maybe a great place to consign some coins. Just thinking out loud.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

Why would there be deals? Why wouldn't it be full retail? It's a small boutique auction with some pretty cool stuff in it and some knowledgable participants. It's EXTREMELY well run. It seems to me this maybe a great place to consign some coins. Just thinking out loud.

MJ >>

Thanks, Captain Obvious. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

MJ >>

Thanks, Captain Obvious. image >>

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Well, I am happy to say that my two consigned coins sold for strong money.

I will go tell my wife it is okay to go to the supermarket tonight. No bologna for the kids' lunches tomorrow, either. image
  • Options
    I was happy with my purchases. Strong money - YES, but coins that aren't easy to find and nice examples with great color so naturally a premium will exist.
  • Options

<< <i>

MJ >>

From what I saw, and my reason for stating this is because the last auction DID have good buys and many were purchased by dealers for resale.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

MJ >>

From what I saw, and my reason for stating this is because the last auction DID have good buys and many were purchased by dealers for resale. >>

There were a few more coins that fell through the cracks last auction I will grant you that. The dealer resale angle will be harder to play as this small boutique auction house evolves. That's A OK. I think that's part of the MO. image

MJ
  • Options
    Agreed.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    I thought the prices realized were generally high. The sell through rate was also very high. All of the indicators are moving in the right direction. The auction business is very difficult. Everyone loved short-lived ANR, but they could not make a go of it. Being outwardly successful does not translate into being successful as a business. Good luck to Laura, Bruce, and the Morphy's.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>then the market report will read the same, strong coins get strong prices. >>

Yup. I can't see dealers buying these coins for resale, at least the CAC'd coins. >>

Funny...I know that many dealers bought quite a few of the CAC coins in the sale. The results were strong, but fair...the market is certainly strong on CAC-quality items and this sale was no exception...of course, there were some very successful dealer bids in the sale from what I've already heard. I think you would be surprised Ankur if you had been at the show/sale to see who was viewing and placing the most bids there.
  • Options
    TahoeDaleTahoeDale Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭
    I attended the sale, through the early dollars, so I cannot comment on the Morgans, Peace, gold, commems, and patterns.

But from what i saw, and recorded, it was a huge success, with very few coins not sold, and more than half realizing bids above estimates.

My 3 consigned coins all were well above my costs, and market values. If you think the majority of coins went higher than current values,
    then just know prices are going up for the colorful eye-appealing examples. And adjust your thinking.

The pre-auction pricing on the 2 real colorful dollars--the 1896 and 1923-S--is telling us that these type of coins will sell closer to pq commems(multiples)
    than most normal series. I do not know their final hammer, but I would bet they brought more than all thought they would.

This venue will continue to bring more people to Vegas and the chance to see and buy quality coins. I recorded 22 bidders in the small room an hour after the auction began.
    It seemed well attended for such a small show and sale.
    TahoeDale
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a new breed... unlike the old breed. And I'm not going to knock old school. No way, no how. Who wants to ride "under the bus" ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file