Home Precious Metals
Options

predictions for 2013

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

from the burning platform blog

not the rosiest outlook but its tough to fault most of whats there

One thing that I don't see is mention of developments in Mali which have started to heat up recently , we will probably wind up bailing out the french there pretty soon.

They mine gold in Mali so maybe thats why we suddenly found AL-queda there image

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Quinn, as usual, is right on the money:

"The entire world resembles a powder-keg in a room full of monkeys with matches."

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I should read the full article as it's full of conspiratorial and manipulative insinuations. image

Don't worry. One of our optimists will chime in and debunk the entire article as tin foil hat lunacy. But a good read just before jury duty.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    Good read, I'll save it. "a bug in search of a windshield." I'll get some mileage out of that, but I wish he had applied it closer to home.
    Though he makes the case for the house of cards so many countries have built for their citizens from the Ponzi Deck, and identifies their frailty in the current environment, no one can say how resilient some residents will be at rebuilding. It's reasonable to conclude some communities will be more effective at it than others. The real drag here is that the solution won't be found in the promise of subsidizing another generation of cardhouse builders.
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know if I should read the full article as it's full of conspiratorial and manipulative insinuations. image

Don't worry. One of our optimists will chime in and debunk the entire article as tin foil hat lunacy. But a good read just before jury duty. >>

Thanks for the heads up. image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this guy's a riot at parties! more fun than... wait for it... a barrel of monkeys (with or without matches)

we'll remember to ttt this thread at the end of the year and calculate the percentage of predictions that were correct, right?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    right?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    More than half right. Most of the graphs and charts he posted have continued in that direction.

This quote still appears accurate:

The entire world resembles a powder-keg in a room full of monkeys with matches."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep stackin' and smilin'.....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baley's at it again. My only observation is that none of the trends shown in the charts contained in this article have changed.

I suppose that if I had sold all of my metals when silver was at $49 and then stashed it all into Vanguard 500, I'd be feelin' pretty good about my investing prowess. But I didn't, and I'm fine with that.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being right is not the same as being wrong, particularly when being right is too early a call. Most economic prognosticators fail to recognize the slowness at which economic moves occur. The power of intentional delays is grossly underestimated.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jim Quinn, as usual, is right on the money:

"The entire world resembles a powder-keg in a room full of monkeys with matches." >>

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I try to click on the link and I get this....

Malicious Web Site Blocked

You attempted to access:
    http://www.theburningplatform.com/2013/01/22/apparitions-in-the-fog/

This is a known malicious web site. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this web site has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

Exit this site

Why do people keep trying to get their "news" from blogs? What ever happen to libraries? I dont remember anything malicious going on there.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Libraries? Aren't the history books written by the "winners?" And as far as the current news goes (WSJ, NYT, Time magazine, Newsweek, etc.) aren't those pretty much all controlled by big special interest money trying to
    push their own specific MSM goals?). It's not easy to find an uncontaminated and accurate "news" source. If not from blogs/internet sources who aren't yet stifled, where else? Best thing is being an insider in a specific
    market or industry or know someone who is on the scene.

I had no problems accessing Quinn's article. Maybe your spam or anti-virus software is set pretty high? Read the guy while you can because it's unlikely he'll be "allowed" to keep posting like he does in the next few years.
    No doubt the PTB consider that site "malicious."