Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Worth grading this 56 Mantle?

Hello all. Bought a collection, including several very nice 56 and 57s. My intention was to send this 56 Mantle in as well, but then noticed that on top of the light surface wrinkle at top right corner, there is another fainter horizontal one toward middle on right.

Question is to grade or not to grade. If it's a 3, don't think it would do much for value (this is for resale). Anyone very versed in this sort of stuff who could let me know if there is a shot at a 4? Appreciate the help!

front

image">front

Comments

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Grading will help - I doubt it '4's.
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Very hard to not grade any Mantle. Not really sure about .5's on cards, but yours has beautiful centering.
  • Looks like a solid 3, maybe 3.5 because of its solid eye appeal. But with the surface creasing, I don't see it getting a 4.

I've always agreed with the opinion that any Mantle is worth grading.
  • MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I don't sell cards so I can't say if it would increase the value, but I personally would get it graded. That card has great centering and really nice eye appeal.
  • right. before i saw the creases, thought i had a shot at a 5. will grade if it will help sell for more.
  • ABSOLUTELY grade this card. no and's, if's or but's
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • yes
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    Yes
  • Ive always said - No Mantle should go ungraded.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    it could 4, I have seen worse...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    ALWAYS grade a MANTLE!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Slab it. This is my all time favorite baseball card.
  • okay. will do. submitting 20 cards later in week after i get my voucher. just re-upped.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    Send that bad boy in and have it graded.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I would also grade it as it is a nice looking card...curious though is that a pinhole on the top border?

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    If it is for resale, sell it raw if it dosen't grade higher than a 3.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭✭
    Folks.....that card has 2 creases. That's not getting a 4. If that card gets a 4 then I'm wondering what we are all doing in this TPG game.

By the way........."GRADE IT". Any 56 Mantle that is presentable should be graded.
  • no on pinhole
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Folks.....that card has 2 creases. That's not getting a 4. If that card gets a 4 then I'm wondering what we are all doing in this TPG game.

By the way........."GRADE IT". Any 56 Mantle that is presentable should be graded. >>

Actually, it's three creases on close inspection. It likely grades a 3, but worth slabbing. anyway.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!