Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

4/24/13 - WE HAVE POPPAGE - Anyone interested in Piggybacking on a $10 Blue Flip (APPROVED)

Comments

• Options
    I hope this happens soon..I want to see how everyone did.

Dave
  • Options
    1ST TIME I EVER DID ONE OFTHESE FLIPS.CANT WAIT TO SEE .
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1ST TIME I EVER DID ONE OFTHESE FLIPS.CANT WAIT TO SEE . >>

Unfortunately, your gonna wait and wait and wait.

I'd be thrilled with it popping in April. But wouldn't surprise me to see this hit May.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>1ST TIME I EVER DID ONE OFTHESE FLIPS.CANT WAIT TO SEE . >>

Unfortunately, your gonna wait and wait and wait.

I'd be thrilled with it popping in April. But wouldn't surprise me to see this hit May. >>

Glad I could help you along your first time. Jeffrey is right - it's a waiting game. But at the rate we got, it's well worth the wait!!

I check it twice a day (once right away in the morning, and one late afternoon). You guys will be the first to know when it pops.
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options

<< <i>I check it twice a day (once right away in the morning, and one late afternoon). You guys will be the first to know when it pops. >>

Just twice? Wow, you have a lot more self control than me.

Commissions

• Options
    Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?Howaboutnowhuh?

Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    im sure next time you do a flip i will have more to send.
  • Options
    just forget about this thread until after tax day.
  • Options

<< <i>just forget about this thread until after tax day. >>

I think that is a GREAT idea. NOTHING would make me happier than to NOT see Derrick make any kind of post on here until AT LEAST April 15th. This was not a good time for him to put this together, but he did this for all of us. Now, he should be left alone to work, and make some $$$ so he can find his next autograph, and join us in the "Single digit club"

PS....Rod had a Fritz Pollard and a Bidwill available. image
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    it actually went really well. you guys did a lot to help, and it was much appreciated. if be really happy to have it done mid April,I just don't realistically see it happening.

I know what he needs for Charles.....what's he looking for Fritz??

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    wju2004wju2004 Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Oh how I'd love to pick up a Fritz or Bidwell, but know I can't. Hahaha. At least I'm just about under 25 to go. Loooong way to go before I hit the single digit club.
  • Options
    I'm trying to get Rocke to convince Rod to put me on a dollar a month for the next twelve thousand months, but so far no luck

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options

<< <i>I'm trying to get Rocke to convince Rod to put me on a dollar a month for the next twelve thousand months, but so far no luck >>

Maybe we can both pay $1 a month and cut it down to 6000 months, and once we get it, take turns holding it for a month.

J. T.

PS...Still gotta meet up with Rocke sometime. I live only an hour and a half away from him, just gotta get off my lazy arse and set up a meeting with him.
  • Options
    CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    WJU...if you make it to one of Jane Boseley,s shows you can meet a couple of us....Derrick Rod has a gorgeous Pollard 3x5 that I would love to own. he wants $3500 but it is well worth it.
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    3500 is worth it, but I never payed more then $475 for a piece ever, even though Ive been trying to convince this ebay-er with a psa Tim Mara Sr. that his item isnt worth 48,000...one of these days he will cave in to my 2,500 dollar offer (; lol
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    ALifaxwa2, aka Jeffrey turned a nasty Al Davis 3x5 into a fantastic custom card. This is one of these nasty 3x5's, not the same one that Jeffrey made the card from but just as bad.

• Options
    Very nice piece, Catman! One of the guys that's still on my to get list.

And where might I find a listing of these shows as I'd love to come up for one sometime for sure. My LCS owner is actually familiar with the person that runs the shows. Guess his mother used to set up at the shows there a while back.

And in a struggle on what to pay or if to even buy a nice pack pulled auto of a HOFer...just unsure if I should pay so much. lol
  • Options
    You can find the information for her monthly shows @ www.landofboz.com
  • Options
    Ohio State head Football coach Urban Meyer was in Canton yesterday to speak at the HOF Luncheon and then he was guest speaker a the Massillon Tiger High School spring kickoff. I was able to get (4) items autographed: An 8x10 color photo, Ohio State mini helmet, the program from his first Ohio State game and a book that I have signed by over 40 buckeyes named "What it means to be a buckeye. Coach Meyer was an awesome speaker. I will post the pictures as soon as I can.
  • Options
    Here is what I sent in:

3 George Wildman 3X5's
    2 Ticket Stubs Signed by Nolan Ryan 1 inscribed "300th WIN" and the other "Final Victory"
    21 Nolan Ryan Signed Cards

George Wildman is a former artist for Charlton Comics, he did the Popeye comics. The also added schetches of Popeye and Brutis. I plan on showing photo's when they come back.

Dave
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭
    I am happy a fellow member took this upon himself to help us out. thank you again.
    for me these were just hanging around anyways so when the pop is just fine with me.

I sent in 9 perez-steele postcards

2 notables mantle and Joe D
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Here is what I had submitted...

3x5 Robert Plant
    bookplate George W. Bush
    3x5 Hank Greenberg
    3x5 Don Hutson
    3x5 Bill Keane
    3x5 Michael Crichton
    3x5 Karl Malone
    3x5 Jackie Stewart
    bookplate Leonard Nimoy
    3x5 Clem Labine
    card Don Hutson
    card John Smoltz RC
    card Mike Mussina RC
    card Chuck Knoblauch RC
    card Joe Torre
    card Eddie Mathews
    card Shannon Sharpe RC
    card Don Shula
    card Tom Landry
    card Tex Schramm
    card Marie Osmond
    card Jerry Rice RC
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post...clicked too fast on the previous one.

Thanks again for putting this together!

Joel
  • Options

you didn't really believe that did you??

3/13 - WE ARE LOGGED - OK STATUS

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Damn ... you got me with that one!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    A tip of the hat sir - that was a good one.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options

Commissions

• Options
    RudedawgRudedawg Posts: 345 ✭✭
    Now I know why I didn't join this piggy-back, just a bunch of leg-pullin' image

I'm not even going to come back here until tomorrow. My heart and gut can't take all of this foolin' goin' on!!!!
    Currently collecting PSA graded:

1991 & 1992 Fleer Pro Visions
    1952 Topps
  • Options
    hey Doug, nice to see you contribute to the April fools party as well!!

<< <i>Damn ... you got me with that one!

image >>

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options

<< <i>hey Doug, nice to see you contribute to the April fools party as well!! >>

2003 - Oakland finished 4–12, their worst showing since 1997. At the end of the 2003 regular season Callahan was fired.

2004 - Oakland finished the 2004 season 5–11.

2005 - After a 4–12 season and a second consecutive last place finish, Turner was fired as head coach.

2006 - Under Shell, the Raiders lost their first five games in 2006 en route to a 2–14 record, the team's worst since 1962.

2007 - Kiffin coached the Raiders to a 4-12 record in the 2007 season.

2008 - Their finish to the 2008 season would turn out to match their best since they lost the S.B. in the 2002 season. However, they still finished 5–11 and ended up third in the AFC West, the first time they did not finish last since 2002.

2009 - Oakland would produce an identical record as the previous season, 5-11.

2010 - Oakland became the first team in NFL history to go undefeated against their division yet miss the playoffs (6-0 in the AFC West, 8-8 overall).

2011 - Their season ended with another disappointing 8-8 record.

2012 - The Raiders began 2012 by losing their home opener on Monday Night Football against San Diego 22-14. The Raiders finished the season with a 4-12 record.

Derrick my friend, it's all in fun. BTW ... did you send the cards to The Dalai Lama yet?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I check this site like every othr day. you had me as i am excited to see mine.
  • Options
    didnt check over weekend. just now checking thread.
  • Options
    Hopefully about a month.
  • Options
    Well I'm officially OK with poppage any time now. We pop today, that'd mean I'd get them next Monday when it's the 15th image

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options

<< <i>Well I'm officially OK with poppage any time now. We pop today, that'd mean I'd get them next Monday when it's the 15th image >>

What Derrick said!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    i'd expect poppage on a friday within 2-3 weeks...anymore and i'm not mad, but would be disappointed at PSA
  • Options
    pop goes the weasel. sorry couldnt resist
  • Options
    Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496
    It should be today. Before noon.

I'm never wrong, sometimes people give me the wrong information making me incorrect.

Dave
  • Options
    its after noon time.central time zone. i guess they told you some more bad information.
  • Options
    PSA is in CA - Pacific time. He's still got 22 minutes to be right.....

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    I need to stop listening to the voices in my head, but sometimes "they" do have great ideas...

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>I need to stop listening to the voices in my head, but sometimes "they" do have great ideas... Dave >>

You hear them again ... saying ... "send all your slabbed autographed cards to Doug" ... "send all your slabbed autographed cards to Doug"..."send all your slabbed autographed cards to Doug" ... "send all your slabbed autographed cards to Doug."
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    all i hear is "doug sees dead people" slabbed.
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    When they found Carbone in the meat trailer he was frozen so stiff it took him two days to thaw out before they could do the autopsy...
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    mschwademschwade Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Needless to say... it's tax day. Good news coming?
    Ohio State football coaches and All-Americans collector.
  • Options
    I just checked at noon, and nothing yet. we got 17 inches of snow yesterday, and everything here us closed....even government buildings was a crazy day yesterday. thank goodness for snow blowers

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Like I said I hope before May 1st.
  • Options
    2 more weeks then.
  • Options
    That would be great. I'm just hoping it goes well especially the Clint Frank I sent. It would be nice to have Bruce Smith and Thurman Thomas' score slabbed as well. The price is unbeatable.