Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

4/24/13 - WE HAVE POPPAGE - Anyone interested in Piggybacking on a $10 Blue Flip (APPROVED)

Comments

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    what tends to sell for more, a card labelled authentic in a blue flip or a red flip? i have never really figured out what the heck the difference between the two colours is (if there is any difference at all).

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Please put me down for three. Thanks
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Doug
    Since I am not a usuall contributer to this type or kind of thread..I don't know who derek is. I assume raiderguy.

the cards I have have been in my collection a long time. I had bought them many years ago with P-S sets and have sold many of the autos.

If they come back rejected thats what it is.

Just let me know (PM me) on where to send them and I'll send them via a check.

I also have
    buck leonard
    billy herman
    monte irvin
    ralph kiner
    george kell
    johnny mize
    duke snider (faded slightly)
    and somewher whitey ford

are the others worth getting authenticated? >>

I am Derrick - the one putting the sub together. I'll defer your question about who is worth getting authenticated to the others...I mainly do football. But I'll send you a PM on the 4th and if you'd like to join you are welcome to
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options

<< <i>what tends to sell for more, a card labelled authentic in a blue flip or a red flip? i have never really figured out what the heck the difference between the two colours is (if there is any difference at all).

eyebone >>

Blue flip authenticates the auto only. red flip is for cards only, and authenticates (or grades if you choose) the card (ie not a reprint) as well as the signature. The guys here will tell you the red flip is better (and technically they SHOULD be right), but I've found the blue flip sells better because that's the label most people are familiar with. Not sure if others agree or not, but that's what I've found.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    i agree with derrick, most people out there just recognize the blue flip as being psa/dna authenticated. some even get confused with the autograph grade. as i'm getting deeper (higher value card) though i do prefer the red flips when i buy.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    IMO (if you will be selling) if the underlying card has decent value or it's from an iconic set (for me, that would be the '52 set) I would get it in a red flip. That way the buyer knows the card is real.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I'm in for 5. Thanks!
    Ohio State football coaches and All-Americans collector.
  • Options
    I will be in for 20 cards
  • Options
    A couple members asked if they could get the next info earlier than the fourth, so I've PM'd everyone who has said they are interested in the submission with the next steps. I will still leave this open until the fourth of February, but if you want to get started earlier that's fine too.

FootballHOFCollector - I got your template, but your PMs aren't turned on so I couldn't give the next steps to you.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    can I get in for 5 or so?

Thanks!

------
    stupid print dots

• Options

<< <i>can I get in for 5 or so?

Thanks! >>

Added and PM sent.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    TTT for the one week deadline approaching.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    5 more days on the signup deadline. If you haven't seen my PM about further instructions (or if you haven't gotten one from me - let me know), please take a look for those who said they are interested.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    i got an email but i didnt get the form to fill out.
  • Options
    Can you resend me an email, and I'll try getting it to you again.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    FootballHOFCollector - package and payment was received today.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Good news and happy to be apart of it!
  • Options
    Im in for 3 items
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭✭
    So I want my cards with grades. Is that possible in a blue flip?
    Thanks
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    no that's red flip...u gotta wait for jswieton when he does his group sub. could be awhile he just finished one up.

psa jan special is $15 for the red flip but you only have a couple days to get them in.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I'm in.....approx 7-10 items.
  • Options
    Less than 4 days left to sign up

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derrick, I have a few, will try to get the total tonight. Just curious, can multi-signed cards go on this order?

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    they worked last order, so I'm guessing they can

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK great, looks like I am in for 11, with 2 being multi-signed
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    I got two packages today.

Trapperlad - 3 cards & payment received.

Bigjed - Package Received

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    hoping for a couple pete rose signings to come through soon...blah.
  • Options

<< <i>hoping for a couple pete rose signings to come through soon...blah. >>

You've still got time. I don't need them in hand for two weeks yet image

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    when is deadline to get the cards to you ?
  • Options
    need the cards by the 15th, but the sooner the better

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Cards and money order went out today. Let me know when you receive them. Thanks.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    If you can accept two items, I'm in!

If so then the cards and money will go out Monday! Thank you for doing this.

Jason
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options

<< <i>If you can accept two items, I'm in!

If so then the cards and money will go out Monday! Thank you for doing this.

Jason >>

Yes of course - I do not require a minimum. I'll add you to the list.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
  • Options
    Sign up for the submission has now closed. Everyone who signed up should have a PM that has the next instructions. Everyone please feel free to send in their items and payment at your convenience. I have updated the OP with everything that has been received/paid to date. I will continue to post in the thread with receipts and the OP will always remain current so you can check the status easily.

If you haven't emailed me about the template please do so ASAP.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    According to the USPS web site my 50 items are at your post office, please let me know when you pick them up, thanks, Tim
  • Options
    sent my one card. other 2 fell thru.
    now i just have to pay u .
  • Options
    Payment made and cards shipped out today. Thanks again!!!
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    GR package received today. You are ready for the submission.

Huggy - I got another note today. hoping it's your package tomorrow.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Did you receive my submission yet ,10 items?
  • Options
    if the thread hasn't been updated, then no I haven't. what's your tracking say?

it's not unusual for a package to be I'm Bismarck one day, and take two yet to get delivered. oil country has our mail way backed up and they can't keep up

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Huggyface - ran to the post office at lunch and got your cards/check. You are ready for the submission.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options

<< <i>Huggyface - ran to the post office at lunch and got your cards/check. You are ready for the submission. >>

Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    tiger7171 - card received. You are ready for the submission.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    thanks raider
  • Options
    Yankees001 Cards/Payment received. You are ready for the submission

BostonAmericans - Items received. You are paid up and ready for submission.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    GBJay - Cards received. You are ready for the submission.

Blee1 - Cards received. Just need to pay and you'll be ready.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    gonna be a close one, hoping for a trout and gwynn to show up tomorrow and i'll zip it back out priority mail. no hope for the 2 roses image
  • Options
    Cardsnbeads - picked up your package at the PO this morning. Items/payment received.

Also PM me on the Buchanan if it's available.

"In Al We Trust!"