Options
1838 Bust halve dollar question
Did they make a letter edge Bust halve in 1838? I have one with 2 holes in it and am wondering if it might be a counterfeit from that era.
0
Comments
two halves
Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry
Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry
In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson
<< <i>His "half Dollar" probably looks a lot like this one.
That one may take a while to attribute......
coinzip.com
In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson
<< <i>Actually, the bogus bustie that Bill shared is fairly easy to attribute. Keith Davignon published a wonderful book that is used as the standard for this niche. The book is Contemporary Counterfeit Capped Bust Half Dollars and this 1837 would be obverse 2 reverse B. >>
lol....I knew as soon as I hit the "Reply to Thread" button that I should have added "with at my Overton Book" to the end of my feeble attempt at humor.
coinzip.com
In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson