Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I've *NEVER* owned a (you complete)

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here's the premise.... All of us have a variety of coins, and have owned and sold others. Using a "common sense" Type Set what have you Not owned. Keep it general.......here's my list of never owned••••••••colonial silver, twenty cent piece, bust or seated quarter, bust or seated dollar. Quarter eagle Three dollar gold ten dollar gold.

Comments

  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never owned a Lord Baltimore, Maryland silver coin. I tried at the last FUN show auction, but it didn't work out.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    I have never owned a Gold coin older than 1834....nuts
  • Options
    CircOnlyCircOnly Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never owned Liberty Head Classic Gold. image
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill I guess in your World that Balty is General,ehimage
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never owned a Seated or Trade dollar.
    Both are needed to complete my 7070 and I'm growing impatient.

    "If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

    My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

  • Options
    A Pan-Pac $50 commem.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never owed a slabbed coin with a CAC sticker on it.

    I don't play the sticker game.

    I don't think they even sticker "error" coins, do they?

    As an artist, I collect only super eye appealing error coins that stand on their own and don't need nor want a sticker cluttering up the slab.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,968 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Bill I guess in your World that Balty is General,ehimage >>



    Since I completed my type sets, there is really nothing, in general, in the U.S. series that I have not owned. When I was going through the process of finishing, there were a number of coins that qualified as "first time I've owned one." image

    OOO wait there is a U.S. coin I should have mentioned.

    I've never owned a Stella or $4 gold piece and probably never will. I think that they are patterns and not type coins, but Bowers stuck them in his type coin book for whatever reason.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    ...coin over 200 bucks lol
    At 47, I'm wondering why I'm one of the youngest people at stamp shows!!!!!
  • Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never owned a large cent... of any kind... image

    I've handled many, but never purchased one for my personal collection.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭
    A 1792 half Disme or a $50 pan pac
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭
    Within reality, stuff I've never owned but would like to own:

    Anything Flowing Hair
    Bust Dime
    Bust Dollar
    Fugio
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    I have never owned a 3 cent silver trime, a Gobrecht Dollar nor a $4 Stella.
    1. No desire to ever own a 3 cent silver trime
    2. Haven't found a good enough deal on a Gobrecht
    3. Can't afford Stella.......nor my wife Rachel, for that matter.
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've *NEVER* owned a...

    gold coin of any kind...and have absolutely no desire ever to do so.









    Just a personal quirk so no cards or letters, please. image
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half disme, Stella, Brasher Doubloon, or 1804 Dollar.

    Seriously though, I've never owned a large cent, gold commem, colonial, trade dollar, or 20c piece.
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    '56 Flier

    Which is strange, since I'm a small cent guy, and I could afford one if I really wanted to.

    They're just so... common.
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draped Bust coinage (half or dollar), Seated Dollar, Trade dollar or Classic Commem.

    Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍

    My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

    https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Seated or Trade Dollar or Bust Quarter or Dime and a lot of others that I haven't thought of yet.
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never owned a $3 gold or Indian $2½ or $5.

    Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 1 coin. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixteen quarter.......
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    A fractional gold buffalo, a First Spouse gold coin, or a love token.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,968 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>A fractional gold buffalo, a First Spouse gold coin, or a love token. >>



    Yet, fractional gold buffalo.

    Those coins interested me when the mint was selling them, but I thought that the premium over melt that the mint was charging was too high. So did a lot of other people, and the sales were low.

    I really like those coins in the original mint package, but the slabbed versions do nothing for me. Today it would be almost impossible to buy a four piece set in the original box. I saw one at a FUN show three years with a $5,000 + price tag on it.

    I guess those coins are a "never will own for me."
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By general U.S. circulation type, never have owned a Capped Bust Left half eagle or Capped Bust Right small or large eagle, nor any Flowing Hair half dime.

    "Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.american-legacy-coins.com

  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colonial
    Seated coin (any denomination)
    2¢
    3¢
    Half dime
    20¢
    Bust 25¢
    Bust 50¢
    California fractional gold
    $1 gold
    $2.5 gold
    $3 gold
    $4 gold
    Gold commem (classic or modern)
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    MowgliMowgli Posts: 1,219 ✭


    << <i>I've *NEVER* owned a...

    gold coin of any kind...and have absolutely no desire ever to do so. >>



    Me too
    In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1864-L proof IHC......someday........
    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all my years of collecting,I've never owned any Gold coin but one. 5$ Gold Eagle 2000 PF. That's it! Could never really afford to be interested in Gold,just Silver.imageimage

    "Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

    --- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    I have never owned a coin.

    I am merely the caretaker of them during my life, until they pass along to the next person . .

    Mark
  • Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never owned a 1799 large cent. I've had one of every other year, including 1793 Chain and Wreath, but no 1799.


  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never owned an 09svdb, 14D, or 55DDO cent, or a 3 legged buffalo, or a 16D dime, or a 32D quarter, or a 1921 half dollar, or an 1893S dollar.

    I prefer a rare coin image

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $4.00 Coiled or Flowing hair Stella image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The list is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too long. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Not really looking for much these days but if I were, it might be a toner. :smile:
  • Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    A complete set
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Morgan.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myddleton token.

    RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    Never owned a Chain Cent. But I really want one some day!
    ED
    .....................................................
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭✭
    <---------------- One of these





    (but I hope to someday!)

  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never owned a coin minted earlier than 1793.
    Lance.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,792 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>The list is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too long. image >>



    I feel your pain.image

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..a killer shipwreck certified Gold coin............i dunno know why....
    but I think I should just have one.............image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37,Waverly, justindan
  • Options
    a complete set of Indian Head Cent proofs...the 1864 L killed me.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd Love to read Lewis Eliasbergs reply to this threadimage
  • Options
    SLQSLQ Posts: 311 ✭✭
    I've never owned a pre 1940 proof US coin. One of these days....
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I've never owned an 09svdb, 14D, or 55DDO cent, or a 3 legged buffalo, or a 16D dime, or a 32D quarter, or a 1921 half dollar, or an 1893S dollar.

    I prefer a rare coin image >>



    With the exception of the 1921 half I can add each of these to my earlier post. And for the same reason that I've never owned any of the aforementions gold.
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    A Higley. My white whale.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file