Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Legend Market Report hints at major development

tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
Market Report

I don't usually link these, but definitely thought this tidbit newsworthy:

Legend has had a MAJOR development in our quest to locate and disipline the cyber/bully-attacker who preyed on us last year. Unfortunately for the law, it moves VERY slowly. This is a quest we will never give up on until full justice has been done. We hope to have a major announcement shortly.

Comments

• Options
    mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
    Don't be a tease, tell us where you are in the process!

• Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to finding out who it was.
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

ABimage
  • Options
    Can't wait to find out. Stopping someone from maliciously libeling a prominent dealer is important to the entire industry/hobby. I hope Legend not only finds out who, and outs them, but successfully litigates as well.

merse

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's a coin doc. It would be funny if they get away with doctoring, then do a couple years for cyber-fraud or something. Like getting Capone on tax evasion.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for them, I hope they succeed. I have to admit I thought they had less than zero chance of getting anywhere with this.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news, I am sure they have to be tight lipped until they are at a certain legal point.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratifying news.
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see justice done for once.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭
    .........on the edge of my seat.........
  • Options
    I wont be able to sleep until I hear who the bully is.image
  • Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oops, did i forget to care?

although i do remember reading some articles about people suing over negative feedback on ebay.

did i take a wrong turn and end up in the sewing circle forum, umm, nope, still the US Coin Forum.

talk about a thread worthy of poofing just like the original one ><

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they find this person but I'm skeptical that it'll ever happen. If it happens, it doubt I'll even recognize the name since I'm not exactly a coin industry insider.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly did these bullies do for those of us not in the know?
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.

although i do remember reading some articles about people suing over negative feedback on ebay.

did i take a wrong turn and end up in the sewing circle forum, umm, nope, still the US Coin Forum.

. >>

No need for the snarky comments. Some of us know Laura and care about this cowardly act directed toward her.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>.

. >>

+1. This thread needs to be moderated out of existence, and the OP needs to familiarize himself with the forum rules.
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    So, what happened?
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who sincerely want to know. To the others pffftttt :

http://www.legendcoin.com/cgi-bin/inventory/cms2.pl?page=hot_topics&article=289">link

Friends and Customers,

Sorry you all had to be involved or hear about this. It seems some deranged coin person has decided to viciously attack my self, my partner Bruce, and Legend on the internet on what I will call an extortionist web site. They clearly without a doubt are going out of their way to harm us. We are not sure who it is although we have our theories: a dillusional individual, a coin doc (still dillusional) or a very jealous individual/dealer (really dillusional).

Legend Numismatics has had a sqeeky clean record since the day it was founded. One thing you can ALWAYS count on from me, GH and Bruce-honesty. Sure, you may not like what I say, but thats how I am. Next to John Albanese, I probably have quietly helped more collectors out of bad situations than any other dealer-never making a dime. I am one of the few who has stood up to the grading services (while just about everyone else hid), the PNG, and ALL coin doctors. I always knew there was a possiblity one day the coin docs or someone would attack at me. Now that is has happened, I still will NOT back down.

The lies and slander/defamation actually were laughable. NONE of the claims are true what so ever. However, when the genuis crossed the line and IMPERSONATED me on a web site, that made it easy, its now absolutely a CRIMINAL offense. I liken it to the scene in Crocodile Dundee where Dundee is on the street in NYC and a punk comes up to rob him with a switch blade. He calmly pulls out his footlong dagger and the punk robber runs like hell. Well this guy better be running hard: I have the ultimate "dream team" of lawyers, PI's and FBI people all working on this. I have some very advanced computer buff friends helping as well. No bluff, lawsuits have been filed and supeonas have been filed as well, and the FBI is really invloved. The perp is too dumb to realize that when they made this case criminal-ANY false email, web site, etc they hid behind WILL give them up immediately (even Swiss banks now do the same if you approach them with a criminal case). Plus, we are offering a $20,000.00 reward for information leading to the arrest and CONVICTION of this person. Its not a matter of how, its a matter of when we track down this individual. I promise they will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

It is critical that if anyone recieves any emails or hears anything about myself or Legend, you let me know. You can email myself: lsperber@hotmail.com or my lawyer JReynolds@kwikalaw.com
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting the notice.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a cyber-tease, not a cyber-bully. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>.

. >>

+1. This thread needs to be moderated out of existence, and the OP needs to familiarize himself with the forum rules. >>

Don't get your panties in a bunch. There are PLENTY here who care - just because you aren't one of them doesn't really excuse rude and boorish posting.
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Don't get your panties in a bunch. There are PLENTY here who care - just because you aren't one of them doesn't really excuse rude and boorish posting."

Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunday January 06, 2013 12:17 AM (NEW!)

Subscribe to this thread Email this thread to someone User is offline View users profile Send user a private message View thread in raw text format

BRAVO SIERRA.

Well, I care and that's all that counts partner.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Don't get your panties in a bunch. There are PLENTY here who care - just because you aren't one of them doesn't really excuse rude and boorish posting."

image >>

This is something that can have a strong impact on the hobby and should be investigated. In addition to the posters here that have voiced support, Don also mentioned his support of this in another thread.

Here's to hoping for a good conclusion soon.
  • Options
    Either a very bad joke, or someone with a beef against her. Either way , it seems almost too absurd to be criminal. Could there really be jail time involved in something like this?
  • Options

<< <i>Either a very bad joke, or someone with a beef against her. Either way , it seems almost too absurd to be criminal. Could there really be jail time involved in something like this? >>

I think that the possibility of jail time should exist for committing fraud.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭

<< <i>Either a very bad joke, or someone with a beef against her. Either way , it seems almost too absurd to be criminal. Could there really be jail time involved in something like this? >>

It's not a bad joke- if anyone at Legend could prove that these comments or actions cost the form a substantial amount of money, whichever punk that did this could be held liable in a civil court, and would have to cough up staggering amounts in punitive damages.
    Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried Google translator on this thread and still can't figure it out!!?? Why doesn't someone just say what the Joker did or said already!
  • Options

<< <i>I tried Google translator on this thread and still can't figure it out!!?? Why doesn't someone just say what the Joker did or said already! >>

It has been discussed in previous threads, and does not bear repeating. Do a search for Legend.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I tried Google translator on this thread and still can't figure it out!!?? Why doesn't someone just say what the Joker did or said already! >>

It has been discussed in previous threads, and does not bear repeating. Do a search for Legend. >>

If it does not bear repeating, why point me to the place at all, which as far as I can tell, is the same as repeating it!! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

It has been discussed in previous threads, and does not bear repeating. Do a search for Legend. >>

If it does not bear repeating, why point me to the place at all, which as far as I can tell, is the same as repeating it!! image >>

I am not comfortable repeating lies myself, but cannot change what has already been posted.
  • Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope it's a coin doc. It would be funny if they get away with doctoring, then do a couple years for cyber-fraud or something. Like getting Capone on tax evasion. >>

If cyber-fraud were an offense punishable by law, you may as well incarcerate nearly every single teenager right now. "Cyber bullying" occurs every day through Web 2.0 and is just the latest form of gossiping. Fake Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts, etc. You name it, it's been done by teenagers trying to trash each other through the Internet, and it's always been dealt with personally and privately without the help of law enforcement.
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if those of us not in the circle will find out who did it. Or if it will be another "Major announcement" that tells us nothing.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was almost a target by a person I was doing business with who was preparing to use that site to target me. I got wind of the situation by the person who got extorted previously, bless his sole.

We headed the situation off with ....persuasion....of a different sort.

I believe that this site allows and encourages people to use it as an extortion tool. Where else can an anon. person ACCUSE people of things and the accused are named but the accussor is not and in order to ....'arbitrate'..and I use that word liberally....the accussed have to come up with a fee.

The site IMHO is a racket.

I'd like to see Legend prevail 101%. The site owner moniters this forum. As well he should because I firmly believe the site is headed into more problems than he cares to admit. I hope he has PLAN B ready to implement in order to make a living. He may need it sooner than he cares to admit.

BTW, an AZ legislator has introduced a bill to make it a felony to impersonate someone else on the internet. Coincidence?...you be the judge.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need for the snarky comments. Some of us know Laura and care about this cowardly act directed toward her.

Dang! Once again, I'm too late to add a snarky comment. image

Seriously, this whole situation is more amusing than anything else. Regardless of what was said by the alleged cyber-bully, Legend's reputation was never really damaged.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

<< <i>No need for the snarky comments. Some of us know Laura and care about this cowardly act directed toward her.

Dang! Once again, I'm too late to add a snarky comment. image

Seriously, this whole situation is more amusing than anything else. Regardless of what was said by the alleged cyber-bully, Legend's reputation was never really damaged. >>

I disagree. When you deal with billionaires and multi millionaires, the slightest hint of impropriety can be hugely damaging.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I disagree. When you deal with billionaires and multi millionaires, the slightest hint of impropriety can be hugely damaging. >>

I guess I will never be hugely damaged!!
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The lies and slander/defamation actually were laughable. You can email myself: lsperber@hotmail.com or my lawyer JReynolds@kwikalaw.com >>

I'm betting Mr. Reynolds, isn't thrilled with this disclosure.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The lies and slander/defamation actually were laughable. You can email myself: lsperber@hotmail.com or my lawyer JReynolds@kwikalaw.com >>

I'm betting Mr. Reynolds, isn't thrilled with this disclosure. >>

Why would you make a bet you can't win? image

The perpetrator's identity is known - all remedies [civil and criminal] are being pursued as we speak.
  • Options

<< <i>

Yeah, because most lawyers aren't really interested in hearing from people who can help them support their cases. Right? image
  • Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    never ceases to amaze me the things people type, they will berate another for the same things they do regularly. i suppose once a person is here long enough, they are above the rules.

regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

The perpetrator's identity is known - all remedies [civil and criminal] are being pursued as we speak. >>

Huh? Are you not able to comprehend the statement I made. I never said she'd lose or win! It weakens her case to call the comments laughable. I guarantee you Mr. Reynolds isn't pleased with that. I'll bet you've been told before your reading comprehension is weak. You just proved it, again.
  • Options
    It is important to stand up for others when they are wronged, so that others will stand up for you when you are wronged.

TD
  • Options
    "The lies and slander/defamation actually were laughable" and she is hoping to prove that it is damaging as well as laughable ? she may have a tough time with that
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The perpetrator's identity is known - all remedies [civil and criminal] are being pursued as we speak. >>

Huh? Are you not able to comprehend the statement I made. I never said she'd lose or win! It weakens her case to call the comments laughable. I guarantee you Mr. Reynolds isn't pleased with that. I'll bet you've been told before your reading comprehension is weak. You just proved it, again. >>

The 'disclosure' in your quote is the atty's email address. Perhaps you meant to say 'assertion'?

But you do make a good point.
  • Options
    i vaugely remember the "reverend" jerry fallwell suing penthouse magazine for defamation over an article about fallwell's relationship with his mother... if something is damaging, it cant be laughable as well
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's good to see someone fight the fight, who has the money to do it.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file