Home Precious Metals

2013 Predictions

ksammutksammut Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

I am writing this just several hours after the fall off the fiscal cliff was adverted. With just preliminary information out showing some tax increases but no spending cuts (at least for the next couple of months) and the talks about raising the debt ceiling ahead of us, I am confident about my below three predictions for 2013.

As politician's political survival almost always trumps making the hard decisions even if it is in the best good of the citizens (long term), I believe these three predictions will be accurate.

Gold will hit a new high in 2013.
Silver will reach $40 by July 4th and make a run past its previous high sometime in 2013.
The Mint will sell more American Silver Eagles in 2013 than ever before (assuming they can keep up with demand).

Ken

Not that I agree with what the FED does most of the time, I have to believe even they are saying to themselves, what the heck are these guys (politicians) doing. QE to infinity without huge spending cuts (in the order of $500 billion or more a year).
American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiscal cliff is being delayed, not avoided. Still has to get the votes just for a delay. These guys had all year to deal with this problem, but failed to do so.

FED is in bed with Washington and Wall St. All of their monetary policy, including ZIRP, is designed to continue funding and facilitating the greatest transfer of wealth ever seen. It's affect on the dollar and future inflation is mind blowing. This is why PMs will continue to be strong.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Fiscal cliff is being delayed, not avoided. Still has to get the votes just for a delay. These guys had all year to deal with this problem, but failed to do so.

FED is in bed with Washington and Wall St. All of their monetary policy, including ZIRP, is designed to continue funding and facilitating the greatest transfer of wealth ever seen. It's affect on the dollar and future inflation is mind blowing. This is why PMs will continue to be strong. >>

This is exactly why I'm blown away by the PM non-believers.

I can't figure out why they can't see this.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • ksammutksammut Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Fiscal cliff is being delayed, not avoided. Still has to get the votes just for a delay. These guys had all year to deal with this problem, but failed to do so.

FED is in bed with Washington and Wall St. All of their monetary policy, including ZIRP, is designed to continue funding and facilitating the greatest transfer of wealth ever seen. It's affect on the dollar and future inflation is mind blowing. This is why PMs will continue to be strong. >>

I agree with your thoughts which make my predictions more likely. Whether its hyper-inflation, an economic collapse caused by inflation, or an economic collapse caused by the weight of the debt, Americans need to start purchasing PMs or add to their PM portfolios. Many of my family members (some very well educated) still cannot see our economic problems. I tell them that I hope I am wrong but just in case I am right, they need to have at least 10% of their portfolios in PMs (metals in hand). If I am wrong than their other investments will do well and they will take some type of loss with the PMs. If I am right, than at least a portion of their portfolio will rise (maybe significantly) reducing some of the pain when the rest of their portfolio falls.

Of course, I get blank looks or statements like "whose going to take silver for a loaf of bread or who will be able to change the PMs back into cash"? The only family member who completely understands, is an uncle who lived through the ups and downs our economy has endured including the depression. He told me many years ago to start accumulation PMs but like many, I did not understand the economics and did not take the time to try and understand. I finally woke up 5 years ago and began stacking but I kick myself for not listening to him sooner. As I have always dollar cost averaged all my investments, I would have been sitting on a very high stack if I began 10 years ago.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who ignore PM's will likely learn the lesson the hard way. Cheers, RickO
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold and silver drift lower thru 2013. I see another 10% haircut for Gold and 15% for Silver. Gold ends 2013 at $1500 and silver closes near $25. Equities have another good year with the Dow closing 2013 near 15k.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will never get to know the timing, but reality has a way of rearing it's ugly head when people least expect it. There are plenty of butterflies flapping their wings in the rain forest - the question isn't "if", but "when".

The longer the budget farce and prolific money creation goes on, the more unpredictable things get. 2013 could see a hot stock market or a crash - or both, likewise with the metals.

The metals will recover faster, after all - they are finite and real when you hold them in your hands.

Stay alert, my friends.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay alert, my friends.

of course image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stay alert, my friends >>

I am alert...and have been all year.... now I am ready for the rally.... Cheers, RickO
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

This is exactly why I'm blown away by the PM non-believers.

I can't figure out why they can't see this. >>

Its not that some people do not see relationships, its just that they see other relationships such as risk/reward and relative valuations and can assign realistic and logical probabilities. They understand that while the sun rises everyday, it also sets every night.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear