Home U.S. Coin Forum

Old Coin Cleaner I found for Sale at Antique shop

I think it's worth the laughs!!! That brush looks very harsh!

Comments

• ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    That is still sold today.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks NASTY!!!!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would certainly help remove any die polish striations from an MS-70 proof UHR Gold coin! image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Did that come with the Seated Dollar? LOL Sorry
  • Klif50Klif50 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭
    That's the same company that sold nic-a-date for restoring dates on Buffalo nickels. Nasty, nasty stuff.
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't use that on Dug coinsimage
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the gentle brush...
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces

• << <i>Did that come with the Seated Dollar? LOL Sorry >>

lol nope but i sure shoudl have used it on it! i found out its fake so it wouldnt have mattered!
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

I think it's worth the laughs!!! That brush looks very harsh! >>

What we have here is the classic "wiz kit." This has how the crooks changed "sliders" (AU coins) into "Uncirculated" coins and fleeced the public out of millions of dollars before third party grading came along. After a coiin as gotten the treatment from this device, the it's value is considerabely diminished.

And, yes, this thing is "nasty."
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭
    One of the harshest ways to treat a coin...
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wouldn't use that on Dug coinsimage >>

omg, ill second that one for sure
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I wouldn't use that on Dug coinsimage >>

omg, ill second that one for sure >>

I think that dung would be better for your coins than that wire brush. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Ouch. Hate to admit it but in my younger days I used this on a coin (nothing valuable). Saw the problem real quick.

After all, it said " won't harm coins".

About as bogus as the "We buy gold" guys.
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That would certainly help remove any die polish striations from an MS-70 proof UHR Gold coin! image >>

no kiddin!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't see a problem using this on no date buffs.
    Becky

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file