Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Oh, darn...did you ever do this?

I had two coins in my sights on Teletrade last night, one that I've been looking for for quite a while. I ALWAYS bid at the last minute on TT and have done very well there over the years. I fell asleep watching TV and woke up at 10:05....both coins were gone at prices much less than I would've paid!
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.

Comments

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    image, yep.....
    Becky
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Fall asleep watching TV - plenty of times.
    Just before a snipe - nope.
  • Options
    The older I get the more I doze off.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I use sniping software.

Of course I guess that wouldn't do you much good with Teletrade, though.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>That's why I use sniping software.

Of course I guess that wouldn't do you much good with Teletrade, though. >>

No, it wouldn't. Manual sniping actually works with Teletrade. I've won quite a few coins at good prices much less than my high bid.

After reading the recent threads about auction house shenanigans, I'm confident Teletrade is on the up and up. I realize that the site is often a dumping ground for dealers for iffy coins but there is much wheat to be found amongst the chaff.
    “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.
  • Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018 11:46AM

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That's why I use sniping software.

Of course I guess that wouldn't do you much good with Teletrade, though. >>

No, it wouldn't. Manual sniping actually works with Teletrade. I've won quite a few coins at good prices much less than my high bid.

After reading the recent threads about auction house shenanigans, I'm confident Teletrade is on the up and up. I realize that the site is often a dumping ground for dealers for iffy coins but there is much wheat to be found amongst the chaff. >>

Last night with one minute to go I threw a 60 dollar bid on a 18 dollar coin, that was at 12 bucks (I think it is a DDR I need) my bid brought the auction up to 15 and right after 9 it showed me 33. Woke up this morning to the email I won at my 60 maximum bid. I really wish there was a way to see the other bids and the times they were made. Hopefully the reason it went for triple the price is that it is the DDR and other saw that. Enjoy image I once was was on my treadmill walking and realized a coin I was bidding on was over, lucky another member who knows my ebay id noticed I stopped and picked the coin up and sold it to me for the same price...........
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just forgotten about auctions..... and lost that way. I manually snipe when I do buy at auction (i.e. ebay)... always win that way. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file