Home Precious Metals

any Rhodium players left? 1 oz Rhodium Baird & Co. Bar

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
I was not aware that Baird & Co now makes a 1 oz Rhodium
bar.

Of course the market is tiny , but can it go any lower?!?!

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a HUGE bar charge on those babies.

Also, extremely difficult to sell.

Palladium and rhodium stay away please!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's ubercool!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bullion market may be tiny, and the commodities market about 1/10th the size of Platinum. And of course there is always eBay. image

Where to buy
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    wow - very cool.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    Anyone buying?

• << <i>I was not aware that Baird & Co now makes a 1 oz Rhodium
    bar.

Of course the market is tiny , but can it go any lower?!?!

image >>

Thank you very much for this information. I checked their website and it would seem that the premium is quite reasonable as compared to other sources of Rh.
    http://www.goldline.co.uk/rhodium-bars.page

I calculate $1.619 (Kitco's current British Pound in US dollars) times the posted asking price of 844.25 British pounds to amount to $1366, while Kitco's spot price for Rh is $1150. That's less than 20% premium.
    Many, many perfect transactions with other members. Ask please.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what is the tyical buy back price as a percentage of spot??
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bullion market may be tiny, and the commodities market about 1/10th the size of Platinum. And of course there is always eBay. image

Where to buy >>

I see that one sold on ebay yesterday for $1470 free shipping. I would like to buy. Just to have one. Anyone ever order from goldeaglecoin?
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Ok, not a PM guy, but I'm starting to gravitate towards bags of 90%, and some gold when I have the chance, selling coins I'm no longer interested in, and picking up PM's when I can. I've always wanted to ask this, but never did, due to not wanting to look fooolish.....but, in June or so, of '08, Rhodium had a high of approx $10,010 per oz. In Dec of '08, it was at approx $760 per oz. (according to Kitco's charts). In approximately 6 months, it lost about 110% of it's value (joking, naturally).

But, seriously, what was the cause of the cost of 1 oz of Rhodium to drop from over $10,000 in Juneish '08, to $760 in Dec '08, a well over 90% loss? And, depending on the answer, what is it's future, why should it/should it not, be bought? (Normally, anything that has the possibility to be worth over 10 grand, and is now at about $1,150, people would be all over it. Example, silver, I made a bundle selling at $48 buying at no more than $20, but as low as $8 oz.

Why wouldn't I want to chance it (or is it something I should be considering?) with Rhodium, like I'm doing with au & ag now, knowing in the future, I'll more than likely have my opportunity to cash in again?

I'm NOT looking to be told what to do with my money on an internet forum, it's just that I've been curious about this metal's phenomenon since I realized it was at over 10 grand one day (hence my not paying attention to it), and under 1 grand 180 days later, then watch it not move much in years. If someone doesn't mind, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Oh, BTW, I'm in on New Year's Eve, on an internet coin/PM forum waiting for the ball to drop, due to procrastinating on my flu shot,so it's a little too late for that now, so I'm sick as a dog and miserable as all get out waiting for 2013. Looks like it's a great start............
    I'll come up with something.
  • GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
    At Harlan J. Berk Ltd. we actually have recently decided to carry the Baird 1 oz. Rhodium bars. One of the major bullion houses does make a market in it so if is pretty much available. It is produced in Europe so there are often delays in acquiring it though you can lock in a price. The premiums are fairly rough though not so bad. The real problem is finding a real spot price. The price listed on Kitco is not accurate. Kitco was showing $1150 last week when I ordered some and our supplier was using $1120 as the actual spot so you need to be careful. Kitco is selling the bars at $125 over ask so you really need to be careful as $1375, which is their sell price, is actually $255 over spot. We are still figuring out our spreads but they will be pretty reasonable.

• << <i>At Harlan J. Berk Ltd. we actually have recently decided to carry the Baird 1 oz. Rhodium bars. One of the major bullion houses does make a market in it so if is pretty much available. It is produced in Europe so there are often delays in acquiring it though you can lock in a price. The premiums are fairly rough though not so bad. The real problem is finding a real spot price. The price listed on Kitco is not accurate. Kitco was showing $1150 last week when I ordered some and our supplier was using $1120 as the actual spot so you need to be careful. Kitco is selling the bars at $125 over ask so you really need to be careful as $1375, which is their sell price, is actually $255 over spot. We are still figuring out our spreads but they will be pretty reasonable. >>

More good news. Please keep us informed.
    ----------
    To: NotSure
    Many of us think that there actually exists no market as such. Those who have material set a price and 'ya take-it-or-leave-it' on their terms. Mostly we (the potential customers) have left it because it was such an obviously rigged game.
    What autocatalyst manufacturers actually pay is unknown but it is certainly contracted for upon very specific terms that avoid any such seeming fluctuation in the price as you cited. Was even one ounce sold at $10K? Too bad for the sucker who bought it, if so.
    I am excited about this as I believe that the possibility of creating an actual market may be upon us. I certainly hope so. I love PMs and a fifth horse in the race has just gotta be a good thing.
    Happy New Year! Hello 2013.
    Many, many perfect transactions with other members. Ask please.
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i> Anyone ever order from goldeaglecoin? >>

I did few times. Excellent company and good service.
    Their prices are ok, I think ProvidentMetals has better prices but Goldeneaglecoin has more variety.

I am tempted to buy one too.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

NotSure: Google "Rhodium 2008 price drop" for some interesting background (some of it speculation) on the reasons behind the rhodium bubble.