Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Would you report a Craigslist scam to your local police?

I found this idiot - 1986 Fleer Wax Boxes

I end up texting him asking for more info. Apparantly his dad recently passed and he has a couple boxes and a bunch of loose packs at his mothers house in Florida (lol). I ask him to send me pictures and he sends me four pictures in an email of four obviously different boxes. He then tells me that he would be willing to accept $3500 now, have his mom ship the first box to me overnight, and then $3500 after I get it.

At this point I am a little insulted that he thinks I'm this gullible. I want to know, would you call the local police? I don't really want to file an online complaint. I would much rather know that this fool is arrested.

Thanks in advance,
Jason
My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    What are the police going to arrest him for? He hasn't done anything wrong yet... Have you ever read the book 1984? Remember the "Thought Police".... That is exactly what you are suggesting- That someone should be arrested for THINKING about doing something wrong. You're way to premature on this one, dude.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    I had one guy try to sell me a 2010 National Treasures case for $3000, he wanted Paypal gift. He said he had purchased three of them but all he had was an unsealed factory case. He promised me that it wasn't searched but only opended to verify the contents.....haha
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    Ask him where in FL, then tell him you have family/friends in the area who could pick them up and pay.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

I'm in Fl. gonna text and see how close just for sh&*s n giggles,let ya know
    what he says..
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options

<< <i>I found this idiot - 1986 Fleer Wax Boxes

I end up texting him asking for more info. Apparantly his dad recently passed and he has a couple boxes and a bunch of loose packs at his mothers house in Florida (lol). I ask him to send me pictures and he sends me four pictures in an email of four obviously different boxes. He then tells me that he would be willing to accept $3500 now, have his mom ship the first box to me overnight, and then $3500 after I get it.

At this point I am a little insulted that he thinks I'm this gullible. I want to know, would you call the local police? I don't really want to file an online complaint. I would much rather know that this fool is arrested.

Thanks in advance,
    Jason >>

For the actual police, you would be wasting their time at this point as nothing has actually happened. Find a Florida board member to help solve the case and report when there is more evidence.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    No

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Well I spoke to William and he sent me pics of a box,I dont know how to get the email
    t here,says I can get 20 boxes for 40 grand!! What a guy,If any body in philly is interested
    thats
    where collection is.

Heres the email,just cant seem to figure out pics.

Hey buddy. Ok so along with these pics is also a list of items we could work somethin out on if this transaction works out.

I have more sports items then you could dream of. I enherited it all from my father and honestly I know what I have but I know the economy is tough enough as it is.

I have over 1000 unopened boxes and cases, raning from the 30's-90's

I have many jordan rc ranging from psa 7.5- 10's bgs.

Attached is one of the jordans I sold recently on ebay. Well my brother did.

I have full sets of 86 fleer framed as well as framed and graded.

I have a kobe bryant rc thats worth upwards of ten thousand, well as said on ebay.

I have multiple babe ruth signed balls all graded 6-8.

I have signed documents of babe ruth

I have an uppened box from the 50's baseball thats worth upwards of 40 thousand, well someone sold a box for 45 thousand at national.

212 596 47621 wll
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enherited it all from my father

Apparently, he "enherited" illiteracy, as well..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.