Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I said I wasnt going to do it. But I busted my trays

Overal very very happy. Pulled the Henderson. I also busted 2 1979 BB trays. Corners were fresh and mint. no dings at all. The gum also didnt stick to the cards. Only problem was the centereing. Only 1 I feel will grade Gem.
But I think the henderson is a lock 9.
Enjoy

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice pulls!

Strikeout Leaders looks like it has a shot ... slightly off T/B centering but still within range. Miller has a bit of a tilt and perhaps top left touched corner.

Assuming clean surfaces and decent backs you could be looking at 3 9s there. >>

I vehemently disagree with your position on this hobby related issue.
  • Options
    That Rickey looks great. It's always a good feeling. I gavein and bought $60 worth of unopened at an antique mall of 80s packs. The 85 Fleer cellos were already opened. I'll send the guy a message on those. I got zero stars in the three 84 Donruss packs but did pull a OC Sandberg RC .
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking cards from two of my first years of collecting.

Going into the new year, I hope we can all make an effort to wipe the slate clean and "try to just get along."
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the Henderson pull! I have a bunch of trays and racks here but can't bring myself to tear open that beautiful cellophane...I sound like cpamike now, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Derek!

Man that Henderson is NICE! I should have opened that one. image

Justin
  • Options
    JENGA!

That is the best Henderson Ive seen pulled by someone on this board. 9 all the way for sure. Amazing considering Ive seen so many group breaks here and none have generated one as nice, clean and centered as that one. Congratulations you lucky dog you...
  • Options
    PFBPFB Posts: 271 ✭✭
    Congrats - I am the same way on the trays as Tim. Can't open them. Ironically, most of them came from Tim & Doug!!!
    PFB
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    We're these from Justin? I was very tempted to get on that rip.

Btw - very nice Henderson. That and the 75 Fouts rookie were always two of my favorite cards growing up.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep these came from good old Justin.
    I busted 6 1980s packs from him. And I just had a strange feeling henderson was in one of the packs. It was the last pack I opened and it was the 2nd to last card in the pack.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Good to hear nice results from nonBBCE purchase.

Had an experience a few years ago with an 80 wax box purchase. I was hoping to pull a nice Henderson. I was down to the last pack in the box, already frustrated that I would not pull one. Pulled the seal on the last pack and there he was. Ticked me off that I didn't look at the card before opening the pack. I would have kept it sealed. Haha. But was well worth the rip. I yielded a Schmidt 10. image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Rickey!

Good luck on the sub.

Happy New Year.
    Mike
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭
    Bump, to go with the PSA 10 thread
  • Options

<< <i>Bump, to go with the PSA 10 thread >>

Funny that there wasn't much drooling over that pull in this thread, considering that it turned out to be a $10,000 card.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Funny that there wasn't much drooling over that pull in this thread, considering that it turned out to be a $10,000 card. >>

I find it especially funny that a double bubble auction house goes from it "could" get a 9, to it being "a misstep of epic proportions".

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Its really nice but I would of never guessed I was looking at a 10 as Ive seen some really nice 9's. Centering probably sealed the deal with this one. Either way - now that label says its a $10,000 card and thats all that matters. I dont think I'll ever be able to say that I once pulled out a $10,000 card. lol

Amazing!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Funny that there wasn't much drooling over that pull in this thread, considering that it turned out to be a $10,000 card. >>

I find it especially funny that a double bubble auction house goes from it "could" get a 9, to it being "a misstep of epic proportions".

image >>

yeah, that was a classy post for sure. No transparency at all from that particular auction house.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i just bit my lip. ow.