Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who Likes those Error cards ??? Lots of Pics

Comments

• Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff! Brings back a lot of early collecting memories. Those were the earliest "chase cards" in the hobby.

One question: Where are your 1981 Fleer "middle finger" error cards? If you have any, you will need a close up scan for people to see the "error" on those.
  • Options
    One question......what is the 1982 Donruss Phil Roof error? Was it ever corrected?

Edited: I found it...........uncorrected error. Wrong player image on card.
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    That is a SERIOUS uni-brow Wally Moon is rocking. Wow.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    That looks like a pretty impressive collection. Some of them I recognize and others I can figure out, but for the otherwise uninformed (I can't be the only only one, right), how about captioning these to edumacate us on what the error is.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Love the error cards....
    Your 1978 Topps Jose Cruz #17 is not an error. Im quite sure its from the Burger King Astros set.
  • Options
    Didn't the 62 OPC have different pics for some players compared to the Topps sets?
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    What is the foster error?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff - thanks for posting!
  • Options

<< <i>What is the foster error? >>

1982 Foster, no signature is the error. Signature is the corrected version.
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

1982 Foster, no signature is the error. Signature is the corrected version. >>

I think it is the other way around. The regular 1982 Topps cards all had signatures, while the all-star cards did not. Topps erroneously put the signature on Foster's all-star card and corrected it later in the year. So I believe the corrected version(without the signature) is much tougher to find.
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That looks like a pretty impressive collection. Some of them I recognize and others I can figure out, but for the otherwise uninformed (I can't be the only only one, right), how about captioning these to edumacate us on what the error is. >>

No, you're not the only one. I like looking at errors, but I know zip about old baseball cards, so captions would help me. That might be a lot of work for the OP, though.

For a couple hundred old football cards with errors, check this link: http://www.footballcardgallery.com/error/1/. The errors are mostly misspelled names, but there are also a few cards with the wrong players pictured.
  • Options
    WinkWink Posts: 103 ✭✭
    What is the 66 Osinski error? No experts out there?? Went to PSA registry master sets and didn't see anything... Anybody know?? TIA
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

1982 Foster, no signature is the error. Signature is the corrected version. >>

I think it is the other way around. The regular 1982 Topps cards all had signatures, while the all-star cards did not. Topps erroneously put the signature on Foster's all-star card and corrected it later in the year. So I believe the corrected version(without the signature) is much tougher to find. >>

Yes. Thanks for correcting this. I knew I shouldn't have tried to go off of memory. :-) I have a bunch of the errors somewhere but not sure how many of the corrections I ended up with.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Yes. Thanks for correcting this. I knew I shouldn't have tried to go off of memory. :-) I have a bunch of the errors somewhere but not sure how many of the corrections I ended up with. >>

Joel ... where the heck have you been? Nice to see you back. Hope all is well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yes. Thanks for correcting this. I knew I shouldn't have tried to go off of memory. :-) I have a bunch of the errors somewhere but not sure how many of the corrections I ended up with. >>

Joel ... where the heck have you been? Nice to see you back. Hope all is well. >>

Thanks Doug. All is well here. I have been posting at my torrid pace of 1 per week. I am on here most every day. I really enjoy the boards. That 52 Pafko was sweet! I do follow your thread on that. If StarTiger had any real helpful info on Tony Gwynn, I would have posted. I also learned that Joe Namath was starting this week!! image Hope you and your family had a nice Christmas and have a safe New Year! - Joel