Home Precious Metals
Options

When selling pm's on eBay Poll

I was recently ask to take a survey by eBay of what I would like the most to be changed as a seller on the site and these were some of the options, to my surprise. What would you like as a seller on eBay?
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    Lower fees. I would like to sell individual numismatic silver coins, but them nabbing a final value and paypal fee is just obscene. I can typically get more (net price) selling locally. The high fees have cut my selling on ebay to zero.

I know they have a $100 max, but often the buyers are not looking to buy rolls of what i have, just one coin.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see my bullion items eligible for ebay bucks, both as a seller and as a buyer.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would like to see my bullion items eligible for ebay bucks, both as a seller and as a buyer. >>

Definitely this. And lower FVFs. At least give the little guys a chance to compete with the big boys. But lower FVFs won't happen.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would like to see my bullion items eligible for ebay bucks, both as a seller and as a buyer. >>

Agree...especially as a buyer.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I would like to see my bullion items eligible for ebay bucks, both as a seller and as a buyer

I would have to agree with this too, but it wasn't one of the choices they offered in the survey lol. Go figure lol. The read between the lines point by them I feel was (we want your opinion as a seller but we're not dropping fees one bit, in fact, we may raise them if we start offering some of these questions provided as options to sellers).
    I was surprised to see some of the choices they did present, like picking States in which one would like to sell? Where is that coming from?
    The choices are not verbatim what they were in the survey, I put them in terms of what I felt they were really wanting to know.

Maybe there's finally a stir at eBay to "level the playing field" between buyers & sellers, but it seems like an odd time of the year to be asking this. I think (can't say for sure, but I think) I was offered the survey because it was related to a buyer that I reported that has not paid in almost a month now. I have 2 others that won 2 auctions each that have not paid yet either, and they are about to be reported as well. Just speaking from selling recently, there are more deadbeat bidders than ever and maybe this is what prompted this survey.
  • Options
    I would like ebay to make a customer pay if the item is bought.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I would like ebay to make a customer pay if the item is bought.

I like the idea of maybe combining 2 of the choices.
    If the buyer doesn't pay, or within a timely manner...say 1 week, report the buyer and after 2 of these within a rolling 12 month span the buyers account is naru'd by eBay.
    THEN
    Give sellers the ability to choose a feedback score of buyers they only want to deal with, say a minimum of 30.

Those 2 things combines right there would help sellers tremendously.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would like ebay to make a customer pay if the item is bought. >>

And if they don't, throw them in jailimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."