Home Precious Metals
Options

China is now the largest silver market

Below are two excerpts from the linked article. This doesn't leave much doubt about the future demand in the silver market, in my opinion.
http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2012-12/18/content_16028963.htm[/L]

<< <i>China has become the world's biggest silver market, according to an industry report, both as a physical investment and in paper trading of silver futures and other similar products. The Washington-based Silver Institute said total silver demand in China increased by more than 100 million ounces, or Moz, in the past 10 years, to a record of 170.7 Moz in 2011. >>

<< <i>The electrical and electronics sector, driven by its semi-conductor industry, contributed the largest share of the country's industrial silver demand, rising from 17.1 Moz in 2002 to 40 Moz in 2011. During that year, industrial applications accounted for 56 percent of the total fabrication demand across the country, which was 159.5 Moz, mainly from cell phone and computer production. A strong demand for silver also came from makers of personal electronics goods, including tablet computers and light emitting diode backlit televisions. >>

Another attempt at a link
Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Below are two excerpts from the linked article. This doesn't leave much doubt about the future demand in the silver market, in my opinion.
    http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2012-12/18/content_16028963.htm[/L]

<< <i>China has become the world's biggest silver market, according to an industry report, both as a physical investment and in paper trading of silver futures and other similar products. The Washington-based Silver Institute said total silver demand in China increased by more than 100 million ounces, or Moz, in the past 10 years, to a record of 170.7 Moz in 2011. >>

<< <i>The electrical and electronics sector, driven by its semi-conductor industry, contributed the largest share of the country's industrial silver demand, rising from 17.1 Moz in 2002 to 40 Moz in 2011. During that year, industrial applications accounted for 56 percent of the total fabrication demand across the country, which was 159.5 Moz, mainly from cell phone and computer production. A strong demand for silver also came from makers of personal electronics goods, including tablet computers and light emitting diode backlit televisions. >>

Another attempt at a link >>

The total net investment in China in silver works out to about $5.40 per capita.

One has to suspect there could be room for growth especially with the Chinese
    government encouraging its citizens to invest in metals in newspapers and tele-
    vision.

Gross national income per capita is $5,000.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chinese must be taking a profitimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Silver goes as China grows.

All of this CME manipulation talk elsewhere is meaningless (big boys can only manipulate a market for short periods of time).

The #1 factor for the future price of Ag is China industrial and investment demand.

Loves me some shiny!