Home Sports Talk
Options

Mark Sanchez is beyond terrible

Awful? Pitiful? Putrid?

Comments

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    After watching Russell Wilson over the last four games, Sanchez and Locker looked like high schoolers tonight, and I'm being generous. You think those teams would love to have him?
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Awful? Pitiful? Putrid? >>

but, Rex is a great coach...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Now That is Funny! LOL. Will he ever be able to live that play down?
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many Quarterbacks from USC have had good careers in the NFL?

There are none that I remember.

Of recent vintage you have Mark Sanchez (though he did play in 2 AFC Championship games in his first two years in the league) and the guy who played before Sanchez (Mark _________?, who played for Arizona and who dated Paris Hilton).

Sean Salisbury (SP?) played for a while. I do not remember how good or bad he was. Todd Marinovich played for the Raiders and was a bust because he had no interest in playing football.

Anyone else?

How will Matt Barkley do in the NFL?
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    image > image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How many Quarterbacks from USC have had good careers in the NFL?

Of recent vintage you have Mark Sanchez (though he did play in 2 AFC Championship games in his first two years in the league) and the guy who played before Sanchez (Mark _________?, who played for Arizona and who dated Paris Hilton).

Sean Salisbury (SP?) played for a while. I do not remember how good or bad he was. Todd Marinovich played for the Raiders and was a bust because he had no interest in playing football.

Anyone else?

How will Matt Barkley do in the NFL? >>

I guess Carson Palmer was probably the best of all -time. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How many Quarterbacks from USC have had good careers in the NFL?

Anyone else?

How will Matt Barkley do in the NFL? >>

Palmer's had the most success in recent decades. Former Brown Bill Nelsen was pretty good in his day.
    Brett
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>How many Quarterbacks from USC have had good careers in the NFL? >>

I have not looked further, but here is a list that I found of USC QBs who played in the NFL. (I did not check to see if this list is accurate.)

Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson, Mike Rae AND John David Booty.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I've never been impressed with Sanchez in the NFL. It seems even when the jets made the playoffs and did well, it was because they had a great D. This year, he and the offense have really struggled. That game against the Titans was hard to watch.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Its funny that whenever Sanchez completes a couple of passes in a row and seems to be getting in a rythem, thats when Rex pulls him out and gives Tebow a few snaps.

Also, for those of you suggesting how great Russell Wilson is...Let's see how he looks in 3 years after having 3 different Offensive Coordinators. Oh by the way, every year in the league, whoever Wilson's favorite target is- Get rid of that WR in the offseason so that he'll have to learn new chemistry with a different WR the next season. Sanchez has had to find a new primary target every year in the league.

Sanchez has not taken advantage of the opportunities given to him..no doubt about that. But I place most of the blame on the ownership and coaches for making some pretty dumb moves that had bad consequences for Sanchez.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now That is Funny! LOL. Will he ever be able to live that play down? >>

"Tell me how my A$$ tastes"
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Its funny that whenever Sanchez completes a couple of passes in a row and seems to be getting in a rythem, thats when Rex pulls him out and gives Tebow a few snaps.

Also, for those of you suggesting how great Russell Wilson is...Let's see how he looks in 3 years after having 3 different Offensive Coordinators. Oh by the way, every year in the league, whoever Wilson's favorite target is- Get rid of that WR in the offseason so that he'll have to learn new chemistry with a different WR the next season. Sanchez has had to find a new primary target every year in the league.

Sanchez has not taken advantage of the opportunities given to him..no doubt about that. But I place most of the blame on the ownership and coaches for making some pretty dumb moves that had bad consequences for Sanchez. >>

Since Seattle is an actual organization that knows how to develop talent and keeps the staff together, that won't happen. The Jets drafted Sanchez because they thought he could produce, and he couldn't. If he would have had ONE offensive coordinator since draft day, he'd still stink. Maybe if he knew how to read a defense and play his position, he wouldn't rely on a primary target and would distribute the ball...kinda like another QB in the NFC East.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Jets had the perfect opportunity to see what Tebow could really do. But not. I think they are throwing Tebow under the bus.
  • Options
    I agree with you, pocketpiececommems. Why did they get Tebow if they weren't going to give him any reasonable opportunity? They have been so stubborn about using him. It's like they did this just to hurt his marketability.
  • Options
    Tebow sure didn't hurt Denver at the end of the year last year. I think that he can get the team to try a little harder.
  • Options
    The Jets closed out the season just like the chiefs. If the Chiefs had Tebow my guess is that he would be playing. Why the Jets didn't give him a chance is beyond me. Maybe they had an insurance policy on him that said if he didn't get to play the policy paid off.image
  • Options
    Love that clip! image
    -Aries
    The Zodiac Collection
    My PC: The Zodiac Collection
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    When you are a coach of such high excellence like Rex, you can do whatever you want to your body and it's cool.