Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thank You Miconelegacy & PSA!!!!!

Miconelegacy (Mike Kelley) started a thread while I was stationed in Afghanistan and many members gifted items to my son Larsen and my daughter Larissa. I'm not sure who wants to be recognized on a public forum, so I'll just say Thank You to all who were so kind and generous! Thank you Mike! I also received a large box from Joe Orlando at PSA... it included several books, PSA accessories, SMRs, etc. Thank you PSA!
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Great job not only by our fellow board members, but by Joe O. as well. Nice touch!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Very cool!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    +1
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone heard from Mike lately?

• Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Mike passed away very recently. Some friends of his started a funding page for the three kids he left behind, I found it today on his Facebook. The kids lost their mother a couple years back to cancer.

Kelley Kids Page
  • Options
    So sad.

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    He will be missed. Baltimore 2012 would not have been the same without him. He was such a giving person and would do anything for anyone to help. Organized a lot of behind the scenes donations for people in need. Prayers for his children and parents.
  • Options
    Truly sad. I had the pleasure to hang out with Mike in Baltimore 2012. Such a giving caring guy. He will be missed. image
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is terrible!! I am very sad to hear this!
  • Options
    Terrible news, those kids have already been through so much. I feel so bad for them. RIP Mike image
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    I just got a call informing me of this terrible news.

Mike was one of the most selfless people I ever met. He was genuine, caring and always very giving. We started as friends through
    PMs here, and that friendship blossomed into an in-person friendship.

Mike's last few years had not been easy after the loss of his wife, but he somehow found the strength to move ahead.

We have all lost someone very special.

Dave
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    OMG! I can't believe that. Does anyone know what happened? He and I had quite a few private talks regarding how Cancer affected our families. My heart goes out to his children.

Edited to add: I just looked at my PMs and Mike sent me a message mid-June telling me that things were going well in New Hampshire (he said he moved back there to be closer to his family) and that things were looking up. So sad.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, really sad to hear this. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    this is so horrible
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>Terrible news, those kids have already been through so much. I feel so bad for them. RIP Mike image >>

Agreed. First they lost their mother and now their father. My heart absolutely breaks for those young kids.

Snorto~
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    I met Mike at an auction in North Carolina when he outbid me on a vending case of 1983 Topps a few years back. Super nice fellow and sad to hear this news.
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Sorry to hear the bad news. Prayers sent out to his children.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    That is terrible news. It is pretty unreal and so sad. My heart goes out to them as they go through life.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    This is so sad. I pray his children have somebody to look after them.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Too sad
  • Options
    I'm stunned...awful, awful news...
    mike was a good friend.....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    Shocked. So sad to hear about Mike. I really enjoyed his post and was so sad when his wife passed. I hope his kids will be ok this has to be so tough on them. RIP
  • Options
    Terrible news. How weird is it that DPeck bumps a 2 year old thread with an inquiry and 11 minutes later it's revealed that he has died.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options

<< <i>Terrible news. How weird is it that DPeck bumps a 2 year old thread with an inquiry and 11 minutes later it's revealed that he has died. >>

Someone contacted me on Facebook.

I was hoping what I heard was not true.

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Terrible news. Prayers sent to the children.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Wow! This hit me square in the gut. So sorry to hear this.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    OMG, I can't believe this. This man was so selfless. Such a good person. I remember him welcoming me on to the boards when I first arrived. To let you know the type of person that he was for those who weren't around, he would hold random contest and give out graded cards valued at a couple of hundred just because he wanted to make the boards a fun place for all and simply because he loved the hobby. I had the pleasure of speaking to him quite a few times on the phone and he was always pleasant to speak to. Very polite and caring individual. My heart is broken tonight...

Rest in peace Mike. We love you and you will be missed but not forgotten.

Marc
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    So sad to hear this. From the little time I spent with him at national, he was such a great guy. Rest in peace, friend. And god bless those little ones. Thanks for posting that link, Evan.

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Terrible news, I read the article SMR did about him awhile back and he seemed like a great guy. Just awful.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    What terrible news, prayers to his kids.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Wow, I read the article few years ago and could relate to what he is doing.
  • Options
    A few years ago at the height of Linsanity I won this crazy Jeremy Lin contest Mike ran. The grand prize was supposed to be a Lin autographed card that also include a sweet swatch from one of his Golden State Warriors jerseys. Those cards were really hot back then. Well lo and behold I get a huge box that was supposed to contain this one card. I open it and there's all kinds of stuff in it. Unopened, autographed baseballs etc. Included was this card in an envelope that said "open this first." I open it and out falls a crisp $100 bill.......

I have tears in my eyes as I write this and wonder why life sometimes can be so unfair to the kindest people.

Scott
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    Oh no!!! This is horrible news! He was way too young!!
    He was a very good, genuine guy.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I am with everyone else.. shock and sadness.. just wow
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Just stunned! We busted packs of 86-87 Fleer at the 2012 Nationals.

Going to miss him.

Those poor kids.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    I shared several nice PM's with Mike over the years. He was always willing to share knowledge and help out in anyway that he could. He was a great guy and I feel so badly for his kids.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Wow, this is horrible. His children lost both parents at such a young age. Just terrible.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very sad.

I just went over my PM's with Mike over the years. Had totally forgot all the trials and tribulations of his stay here.

I - personally - believe he was a stand up guy - very generous.

This is just tragic. image
    Mike
  • Options
    Absolutely tragic news. May his soul rest in peace and may God provide comfort and protection to his children.
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    This is really sad news. Mike was a nice guy and I got to know him a little bit when he bought some of my 77s. He also got me into grading modern cards.

I remember talking to him on the phone after his wife died. He was very concerned about his kids, and the effect this would have on them. Awful that now those poor kids have to go through this again.

Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    The good Lord works in strange ways. Thankfully, He never forgets. Hopefully He has special things in store for those children.

RIP Mike n Michelle--and don't worry. He will make sure your kids are OK
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    I didn't sleep well last night, and like many of you, I re-read my 56 PMs with Mike. What a stand-up guy.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really saddened to hear about Mike. Like so many others, I had some private message dealings with him as well. Here is a snippet from last year:

"I hate negativity. People here like to breed negativity because they are lonely, take out aggressions by posting, etc. I try to keep this board civil, somewhat. Thanks for the PM I appreciate that. Life is too short to live that way."

That last sentence really hits home now. Mike was definitely one of the board's great guys.
    Daniel
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    I read the SMR article about Mike and it was a great piece. I joined in 2009 when he was organizing the group breaks at the time, and going through a few of them now realize how much work that he did to organize them just so all of us could get some packs. Seeing some of the other stuff that he did in this thread makes me feel that we have really lost a very giving and great man. My heart goes out to his children.

Jeremy
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Just stopped and said a prayer for those kids. So, so sad.
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    WoW, tragic new! So very sad to hear

May God bless the souls lost and the children, family and friends

My condolences
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tragic. Too, too young. Heart goes out to those kids.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Those poor kids. Damn, not fair at all