Home Precious Metals
Options

two PAMP silver bars - question

I picked up two PAMP one-ounce silver bars today. I know these tend to be collectible; any idea of value? Unfortunately I don't have pictures yet. One is oval shaped with a tiny pendant-type ring at the top; it says PAMP Suisse One Ounce Fine Silver 999,0 and the other side has two swords crossed with a palm tree above them. The other is the more standard "Fortuna" woman on one side, and it says PAMP Suisse One Troy Ounce 999 file silver and PAMP Chiasso on the bottom.

Appreciate any insight you may offer. I did a quick search on Ebay for oval PAMP bars but didn't find one like the one I just bought.
"Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)

Comments

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Oval = $65ish
    Fortuna=$55ish

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First one: Saudi Crossed Swords....worth...$55-$60
    Second: Fortuna...$50-$55
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I paid spot plus a few bucks for each, so it's good to see they're worth a little more. image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks guys. I paid spot plus a few bucks for each, so it's good to see they're worth a little more. image >>

All PAMP bars carry a higher premium than your ordinary bars.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

<< <i> All PAMP bars carry a higher premium than your ordinary bars. >>

Yes, my heart skipped a beat just a bit when I saw them mixed in with the holiday rounds and other assorted junk silver. However, I wasn't sure what they were worth, and I couldn't find the answer doing a quick Ebay search on the oval round.