Home Metal Detecting
Options

MXT or VX3

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Hi,
Been popping in the forum over past year. We have bumped into several brands over time, but really don't know what features are best for us,
and thinking of getting something good to last, good overall performance, variety of (beach/parks/N.J, then to W.V.) and to help a set of newbies.

Of the two, it seems the VX is so automatic, and the screen info and size is better. But we don't even know what the frequency choices do as yet.

What ya think?
COA

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not that familiar with Whites detectors anymore but I used YouTube for some reviews when i was looking for my detector. You can see the detectors in action. Might be a good place to start. Member Ricko is more familiar with Whites but I'm not sure what he knows about those two models. Let us know what you find out
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i lost track of what whites has as well. someone will chime in on it im sure.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My preference would be the VX3..... I have one and it is marvelous. I agree though, do some research and if possible get some demonstrations at a local MD shop (if there is one). I have been a White's fan for a long time - based on the excellence of their products and incredible customer service. I am sure there are other opinions out there. Good luck, Cheers, RickO