Home Precious Metals
Options

Are you holding onto your Metal no matter what Poll

Poll to see what the concencus is
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like we didn't know what your answer was going to be. image
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Yeah you know what my answer is, but this is a Poll to see what the concencus is.
    Waiting for the first person to say, "uhh (burp, fart) there isn't a choice that fits what I'm doing" like there always is image eventhough i've covered just about every approach
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no obligatory "just show me the results" one, ha!

I'm just keepin on keepin on.
  • Options
    I voted #1. I've been buying pms for nearly 25 years and I have never sold anything. I will continue this no matter what. The only thing that has changed in my collecting is I no longer buy silver. Just do not have the room for storage.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am adding generic gold and silver as quickly as cash flow will allow. My plan is to start selling at retirement age.

Whenever I can I will purchase cool "must have" old poured items for the type set.

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm just keepin on keepin on. >>

Same here
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I voted #1. I've been buying pms for nearly 25 years and I have never sold anything. I will continue this no matter what. The only thing that has changed in my collecting is I no longer buy silver. Just do not have the room for storage. >>

Dang, sounds like you may be giving SilverBaron a run for his money.......or metal.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for options 1, 4, and 7

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fiscal cliff is a bogus "issue". They are gonna do whatever the heck they want to do, and there's nothing you or I can do about it.

I'd never say "no matter what", but I certainly see no immediate reason not to continue buying pms.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we may need what we got if it does go over the cliff. who knows what the governmet is going to ( lots dont trust em )
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I been to local flea market last 2 weeks I'd say the GUN market is HOT, HOT, & HOT....image

Also the construction tools are selling for penny's on the $.

Sad to see all the knock off china crap thoughimageimageimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep on buying !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Guns at a flea market huh? Now I remembered why I don't do flea markets lol
    I agree on the power tools, I've been adding some tools from one of the local pawn shops, some items as much as 65% off the tag price and some are practically new stock.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the cliff is not making much of an impact on the responders.
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    I try to look past the cliff metaphor and think that the policies of the past 5 or so years will be the
    policies for the next 4, at least. So I'm thinking the trends remain intact.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been a lot of "chatter' that gold will get hit hard once a fiscal cliff deal is reached. I think I could argue either side of this

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i buy and sell it every day. Would you beleive that I have not stashed a single piece of gold or silver away since I opened my store in 2007. I am not sold on PM's. Much more money is made buying and selling then holding at least for me that is.
    I have bought some nice rarities over the past 18 months that i get a lot more enjoyment out of.

As far as customers, the past several months silver eagles are the # 1 item in demand, second followed by 1/1oth oz age ( the few I get in lately)

jim

• Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭
    Still buying more each and every week.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    I am holding on my premiun/numismatics items and selling the generics/common ones.
    I have "invested" in a diamond bracelet for my wife and our holidays trip to Italy!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Still buying here and there when i have extra cash
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    I am going to sell 7 ounces of gold bullion sometime before the end of february to raise some cash to place into my SEP account.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    although I'll sell a piece of silver now and again.

Dumbest thing I ever did was sell gold a few years back.<hits head, repeatedly, with hammer>
    Now gold goes one way, into the sdb and throw away the key.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No change in my M.O. Buy what I'm collecting along with items that might generate a profit...Sell what has made a profit along with the "dogs" that didn't.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Much more money is made buying and selling then holding at least for me that is.
    I have bought some nice rarities over the past 18 months that i get a lot more enjoyment out of

I agree mostly with this of all the comments left. If you can buy metals cheap, why not sell them and take those profits to buy what you really want?
    Like I have said all along...I buy, to sell, to buy the things I really want.
  • Options
    Looks like the cliff is not making much of an impact on the responders

That does look to be the case, but I wont discredit the people who are doing "other" things. Do what works for you and what you're familiar with is my stance.