Home Precious Metals
Options

Parsippany, NJ Coin Show report

Just came back from the Parsippany show in NJ.

It was the first time at this show for me. Even if I live pretty close, I do not have a car and the rentals on Sunday are expensive.
In the end, it was worth it to go. My family is away and it is a nice venue to spend your Sunday morning. I plan to attend again in 2-3 months.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, there are not many shows in the NY/NJ area.
Next show in my area will be the Internation Convention at the Warldorf Astoria in NY and the Westchester Coin show in White Plains.

I was told to get there early (thanks atarian!) because the parking may be an issue after 8am. In effect, when I left at 11:30 the parking lot was full and there were lots of cars on the main road.

As I said, this is a nice show, well set up with, I would say, at least 70 dealers.
The bourse was pretty crowded, I ran into many nice dealers and there is a great selection of coins and currency.
A couple of tables had great gold coins! (note to self: never ask again the price of a slabbed $3!)
I also found a bunch of dealers with great foreign coins.

I sold some Morgansfor an average of a little over $28 each. There were some cleaned and cull in the mix.
I bought a couple of $1 gold for my Dansco, 1852 type I and 1856 "upright 5" type III.
I also got 2 Engelhard 10oz bars, one struck and my first poured bar (common type).

ASE were selling between $36 (buying 50+) and $39.
2012 ASE proof were sold out at the two tables I checked. They were selling for $65 while $69 were needed for the 2011.

Morgan dollars were in the $30-32 range while 90% ranged from 27-29 fv (but didn't check much since I am not interested in it) .

Generic silver one ouncers traded for $34-35. Engelhard 10 ounce from $350 to $390 (one type was priced at $430), JM RNB for $215. I saw a nice Credit Suisse 100g for $190.
This table was a little pricey but I didn't ask if he was going to lower any price.

Lunar series. 1/2 oz at $33, 1 oz at $58, 2 oz at $100.

AGE. 1oz at $1790, 1/10 oz from $190 to $205.

Platinum Maple were priced at $1700. First time I saw one an it looks pretty neat and smaller than I though.

MM
The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments