Home Precious Metals
Options

Lots of Free Shiiping today on PMs

I have been receiving a few emails, SilverTowns, APMEX, etc with free shipping today on PM purchases (APMEX is $500 or more).

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jj teaparty is offering free shipping on there stuff. just for general info. is all image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    took advantage of free shipping ... ordered rolls of 2013 ASE's from APMEX..(presale)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Shipping is a bigger factor than some know. It's made and/or broke some of my deals being the small time nobody I am.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of shipping silver, if one ships 90% by priority and it gets lost, how would one document value for an insurance claim purposes if one didn't have proof of value for junk silver amassed over a few years? In such a case would it be reasonable to expect a buyer to take delivery by registered mail?
  • Options

<< <i>Speaking of shipping silver, if one ships 90% by priority and it gets lost, how would one document value for an insurance claim purposes if one didn't have proof of value for junk silver amassed over a few years? In such a case would it be reasonable to expect a buyer to take delivery by registered mail? >>

USPS does not insure bullion....good luck in getting a claim approved for your "junk silver."
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Shipping is a bigger factor than some know. It's made and/or broke some of my deals being the small time nobody I am. >>

imageimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Speaking of shipping silver, if one ships 90% by priority and it gets lost, how would one document value for an insurance claim purposes if one didn't have proof of value for junk silver amassed over a few years? In such a case would it be reasonable to expect a buyer to take delivery by registered mail? >>

USPS does not insure bullion....good luck in getting a claim approved for your "junk silver." >>

"For the following items, the maximum indemnity
    allowed:■– ■ For negotiable items, gift cards, currency, or
    bullion, the maximum indemnity is $15."

The following does qualify

"The fair market value of stamps and coins of
    philatelic or numismatic value, as determined
    by a recognized stamp or coin dealer or
    current coin and stamp collector’s newsletter
    and trade paper."

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

USPS does not insure bullion....good luck in getting a claim approved for your "junk silver." >>

"For the following items, the maximum indemnity
    allowed:¡ö¨C ¡ö For negotiable items, gift cards, currency, or
    bullion, the maximum indemnity is $15."

The following does qualify

"The fair market value of stamps and coins of
    philatelic or numismatic value, as determined
    by a recognized stamp or coin dealer or
    current coin and stamp collector¡¯s newsletter
    and trade paper." >>

So, it would appear that paying insurance on shipping bullion is just a waste of money.
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Besides being a bit preoccupied as of late and just blew off the free shipping deals. I like them and really want more of them, but just having a 'personal' hard time paying $38 for an ASE right now. Been a little spoiled with the Pawn shop with +1 pricing. Sometimes they are toned, sometimes worn, sometimes even BU and cased. Been pricing cases of 5.56 which is sort of like the same kind of investing planning w PMs.
    COA
  • Options

<< <i>

So then would it be unreasonable to expect a buyer to accept delivery by registered mail only?
  • Options

<< <i>Besides being a bit preoccupied as of late and just blew off the free shipping deals. I like them and really want more of them, but just having a 'personal' hard time paying $38 for an ASE right now. Been a little spoiled with the Pawn shop with +1 pricing. Sometimes they are toned, sometimes worn, sometimes even BU and cased. Been pricing cases of 5.56 which is sort of like the same kind of investing planning w PMs. >>

If you find a "Free Shipping" deal on that 5.56, let me know!!!! I'm suck with either shipping or sales tax, which basically makes it a wash!
  • Options
    I should have waited a couple of days & paid for the shipping. image
  • Options

<< <i>I should have waited a couple of days & paid for the shipping. image >>

Yup. Hindsight is still 20/20.
  • Options
    One thing I seem to always notice is all this "Free Shipping" and "Sales" always happen when prices are about to drop! Hum, how do these PM sellers know this. Did you notice when silver was down in the twenty's, there were any of these deals!

I know, they just bought low, are sitting on inventory and need to move when the price increased, thus making profits. So, they bait their hooks and see who is biting.
  • Options

<< <i>One thing I seem to always notice is all this "Free Shipping" and "Sales" always happen when prices are about to drop! Hum, how do these PM sellers know this. Did you notice when silver was down in the twenty's, there were any of these deals!

I know, they just bought low, are sitting on inventory and need to move when the price increased, thus making profits. So, they bait their hooks and see who is biting. >>

That's why they are successful bullion dealers, unlike you or myself who are just stackers and PM Demigod followers.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>One thing I seem to always notice is all this "Free Shipping" and "Sales" always happen when prices are about to drop! Hum, how do these PM sellers know this. Did you notice when silver was down in the twenty's, there were any of these deals!

I know, they just bought low, are sitting on inventory and need to move when the price increased, thus making profits. So, they bait their hooks and see who is biting. >>

That's why they are successful bullion dealers, unlike you or myself who are just stackers and PM Demigod followers.image >>