Home Precious Metals
Options

Price Of Gold Surges Over Thanksgiving For The First Time In 5 Years

Well I suspect most conventional wisdom/history if off. We will seee lots of broken patterns in the coming years. My humble opinion..... PM's still the safest place to be unless you want to day trade and short stocks.

someone want to fix linky?...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1025581-price-of-gold-surges-over-thanksgiving-for-the-first-time-in-5-yearsimage

Comments

• Options
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conventional wisdom is probably still there even if the November seasonal rally didn't quite pan out like it usually does. But what threw things for a loop was the
    5-6 month gold cycle bottoming in November along with stocks. If that twice per year bottom is behind us, should be a decent run for the next 4-5 months.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure took a jump this morning.....as did silver... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM stackers certainly have something to be thankful for.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was at the Westchester (NY) Show yesterday and checked my phone on the metals when Joe Valardi (Gardner Coin) said silver was $34 and sure enough gold had jumped up too. A fellow offered me a nice better date high end ms62 $20 Lib. for $1830 (cash only) a dull looking 1906 $20 in ngc ms61 for around $2k an ms 62 $10s for around $1k. Cash only because he is trying to stay under the radar. I didn't have the cash on me. I just don't get it. There is nothing to be afraid of as long as you do proper deductions on taxes and keep an eye out for any sleazy operators trying to fence stolen pms. >>

I don't get why anyone would want lousy paper dollars. image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I was at the Westchester (NY) Show yesterday and checked my phone on the metals when Joe Valardi (Gardner Coin) said silver was $34 and sure enough gold had jumped up too. A fellow offered me a nice better date high end ms62 $20 Lib. for $1830 (cash only) a dull looking 1906 $20 in ngc ms61 for around $2k an ms 62 $10s for around $1k. Cash only because he is trying to stay under the radar. I didn't have the cash on me. I just don't get it. There is nothing to be afraid of as long as you do proper deductions on taxes and keep an eye out for any sleazy operators trying to fence stolen pms. >>

I don't get why anyone would want lousy paper dollars. image >>

They ain't so bad. . . for now. I don't believe I'd be stacking them though.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cash only because he is trying to stay under the radar. I just don't get it. There is nothing to be afraid of as long as you do proper deductions on taxes

I think you answered your own question.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the Thanksgiving rally? image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear