Options

2012 Proof ASE SOLD OUT 72 bid?

percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
Gone....bids I saw were at $67 already in the after market. Now 72
"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ASE proofs got hot all of a sudden. Anyone got the skinny?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ASE proofs got hot all of a sudden. Anyone got the skinny? >>

Only the W proofs.....the S proofs are still in limbo....image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is you can't have too many.

I do enjoy these sudden "buys" and the ensuing competition .....

Got Gold?
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    On the BST, some are offering $68.50/coin and there's at least one selling a 30 coin Lot for $70/coin. If they were truly hot, $1.50/coin would not matter and the Lot of 30 would be gone by now. all jmho
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On the BST, some are offering $68.50/coin and there's at least one selling a 30 coin Lot for $70/coin. If they were truly hot, $1.50/coin would not matter and the Lot of 30 would be gone by now. all jmho >>

Offers were around $60 just a few days ago and those 30 might already be gone. Not sure yet what all the hub bub is about. If it keeps up I may have to poke around and see what I have stored away.....
  • Options
    Offers were around $60 just a few days ago and those 30 might already be gone. Not sure yet what all the hub bub is about. If it keeps up I may have to poke around and see what I have stored away..

Nope, still available as of right now
    Guess it's a hype thing because $1.50 wouldn't make a difference it there was such a rip-roarin thing going on.
  • Options
    This buyer is offering $70 per proof.

$70 for proof ASE's
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I made rounds today and most of the local dealers are unaware of the recent price increase. I nabbed a bunch today in the 50-55 range. Hopefully I have some more luck this weekend. Then Monday off they go.
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    These were going for around $55 a couple weeks ago. Now at $70. Over 20% increase. I'd say that is pretty "rip-roarin"....
  • Options
    These were going for around $55 a couple weeks ago. Now at $70. Over 20% increase. I'd say that is pretty "rip-roarin"....

Everything is easy with the benefit of hindsight. Did people know a couple weeks ago they'd be going for 20% more and bought solely based on that? I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These were going for around $55 a couple weeks ago. Now at $70. Over 20% increase. I'd say that is pretty "rip-roarin"....

Everything is easy with the benefit of hindsight. Did people know a couple weeks ago they'd be going for 20% more and bought solely based on that? I highly doubt it. >>

He never remotely insinuated anything that could be construed as hindsight. You just threw that into the mix. That's how you debate. All he said was there has been a 20% increase in a short period of time and debunked your rip roarin comment. That was it. He made a simple statement in the present and reported the facts.

Anyways, cue up the ganging up on POM music...............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    What an arse you are MJ, and you've proved it once again. Go ahead c&p it. You know nothing about me and act like you've known me personally for years. You've never spoken to me personally, never even messaged me even after I extended the olive branch sometime ago, never done a transaction with me...but yet you think you know what I am made up of. You're a joke!
    There, I said it.
  • Options

<< <i>What an arse you are MJ, and you've proved it once again. Go ahead c&p it. You know nothing about me and act like you've known me personally for years. You've never spoken to me personally, never even messaged me even after I extended the olive branch sometime ago, never done a transaction with me...but yet you think you know what I am made up of. You're a joke!
    There, I said it. >>

Here is where you are wrong yet again. I do know you. I would trust you enough to do a transaction with you where I would even ship or pay first first and I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep. You have lots of stuff I would buy. However, the reason that I wouldn't ever even think about doing a transaction with you is the eventual possibility of drama down the road. I suspect lots of other feel the same way. While I would trust you with the business end of the transaction I wouldn't trust you with a PM or keeping our transaction private. I've seen you snap hook so many times. I just saw you do it recently. You're a clever guy figure that one out on your own. Oh and PM block is a beautiful thing.

Now that we have cleared the air...............Happy Thanksgiving.

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Since you brought it up, if in fact he is banned, he got what he deserved after what he did and said. Did you see the pm's to each other???

On the other note, ask anyone i've done a transaction with if there's ever been any "down the road" drama? YOU might be surprised, but those who've actually done them have never said anything about being displeased with anything to me. If they were unsettled about something, I never heard about it from them.
    If there was something wrong or hard feelings were felt, I wasn't made aware of it, therefore, never got the opportunity to make it right.
  • Options
    I wasn't talking about TN.

Happy Thanksgiving.

MJ
  • Options
    Well gracious me, that WAS a delicious dinner, wasn't it?
    ------
    So yeah, how come suddenly, the demand for these has increased to the point that several ( more than 1 or 2) potential buyers advertise for large numbers ( I consider lots of 100 up to 1000 large) at increasingly larger prices?
    ------
    What, pray tell, is up? Are these to be advertised on the most-commonly-abused-drug-in-America (tv) at unconscionable prices to the unwary? Sold in glossy and respectable magazines (Smithsonian, Nat'l Geo...) to the same? Hidden in the backrooms of nefarious ne'er-do-wells in order to thwart the legitimate aspirations of particular members of this worthy forum? If we ask too many questions, will we receive a visit from the 'Men in Black'? Is the phenomenon somehow related to the Mayan Calendar? Can the explanation be as simple as one be-goshed old fool in Colorado having recently sold his at prices like the ones Tydye quotes?
    -------
    This thing has a great many potential conspiracy theories! No wonder tomorrow is called 'Black Friday'! Though, one person's 'Black Friday' could be another's "Red Letter Day".
    Many, many perfect transactions with other members. Ask please.
  • Options
    This surge is apparently IRA custodian related. It's important to note that they have to have the OP to be IRA eligible. I saw lots of them exchanging hands this morning on the bourse at the big Michigan Show before the doors opened to the public. Quite a few dealers were still unaware of the big prices jumps. Most deals took place around the $65 mark. MJ
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also note that a metal IRA has to purchase the metal from a third party named by the account holder. Account holders cannot put metal they hold into a metal IRA. Account holder notifies account custodian of what to buy, how much to buy and who to purchase it from. Custodian makes direct purchase on behalf of the account holder from the supplier. Not sure of any restrictions on who the suppliers can be other than they cannot be the account holder. There may well be a suddent demand for ASE proofs from these suppliers on the open market. I don't like metal IRAs (have researched them) but if it were me I'd be putting bullion ASEs and AGEs in them and not be going after proofs.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    <<There may well be a sudden demand for ASE proofs from these suppliers on the open market>>

Yes, this appears to be the driving force. MJ
  • Options
    Whatever the reason, it will only be a temporary blurb before the 2012 will retract their gains. Just to darn many where sold (820,000) and with another potential 50k coming down the pike.silver coin set
  • Options
    NGC/PCGS MS/PF69 25th ann. 5 coin ASE sets are now being offered in the $600's. How long did that fad last? Dont believe the hype. Stick to proven collectibles that don't lose 200% of their value in less than 2 years.
  • Options
    I sold a 95W for $400 and thought the guy was nuts (mint gave them away with a 4 piece gold set). Took years for them to catch on. The 2011-s and reverse proof may have there day.
  • Options

<< <i> I don't like metal IRAs (have researched them) but if it were me I'd be putting bullion ASEs and AGEs in them and not be going after proofs. >>

I do not see the logic in metal IRAs. There are no dividends. Transactions can take place in cash as well.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, I had the 30 proofs for sale for $70 each. They sold for just under that price in under 24 hours. Only half of the coins had the boxes and papers.
  • Options

<< <i>FYI, I had the 30 proofs for sale for $70 each. They sold for just under that price in under 24 hours. Only half of the coins had the boxes and papers. >>

How many different buyers did you have?
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turned down the first guy's offer. Sold them to the second buyer who contacted me.
  • Options

<< <i>Since you brought it up, if in fact he is banned, he got what he deserved after what he did and said. Did you see the pm's to each other???

On the other note, ask anyone i've done a transaction with if there's ever been any "down the road" drama? YOU might be surprised, but those who've actually done them have never said anything about being displeased with anything to me. If they were unsettled about something, I never heard about it from them.
    If there was something wrong or hard feelings were felt, I wasn't made aware of it, therefore, never got the opportunity to make it right. >>

I bought a 25 oz. Engelhard from pieces of me and everything went fine, I would without hesitation buy from him again if he had the right bar.