Home Metal Detecting
Options

Walnut season is over - MD time

The Walnut season is over and I'm finally getting to detect a little. Had 3 really good days on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday was a baseball hillside (2 hr 15 min) for $9.03, Saturday was a football hillside (3 hr) for $10.49 and Sunday as a football concession are (1 hr) for $3.61. I ran out of daylight on Sat and Sun. The Sunday hunt was the same area that I found $5+ back at the start of Oct. Most of this was change in the grass. My kind of hunting. When you hunt like this you just want to get back there but that doesn't always happen. Anyway it was good to get back.

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its still nice to get out and get some fresh air and you did make a few bucks along the way ( coffee money and some gas )
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good hunts and some nice change. Those areas tend to replenish regularly. What was your total walnut harvest this year? Hope it was a good one. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    PPC good to see you back in the detecting world and finding lots of change! Will you be detecting at all during thanksgiving weekend?
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best chance for detecting will be if the wife goes shopping. Then I can have her drop me off someplace or head out on my own. Choice #1 saves gas but then we usually will eat out. This is a good weekend to hunt around schools because nobody is usually there.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the perfect time to convince her to do a whole day of Black Friday shopping!