Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Post your best Andre the Giant card or auto - wrestling

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Man that sucks.......they sure seem good to me. I don't know what to say......welcome to the club? >>

I have had 5 no goes this month on the auto front and I am seriously questioning whether I plan to purchase anymore. There are quite a few collectors who are having wrestling items fail when they know they are good. I never gave it a seconds thought on the Miami cards I sent in. There is no way anyone would forge over 100 Miami Hurricanes players autographs. It is easy to forget but Dwayne Johnson in 1994 was a back up and no one could have ever predicted he would go on to such success.

I showed these Andre's to someone who has gotten personally several and handled numerous others that have passed both PSA and JSA and he said 100% real for sure. No question what so ever. The fact that both failed is puzzling to me and disappointing to say the least. Fortunately I don't have a ton of money in the project but the lady I bought them from has had Elvis and John Wayne and many other valuable auto's pass and offers a money back guarantee if they don't so she has no reason to peddle fake auto's. I cut them up and plan to keep them regardless but it is really making me question this whole auto thing.

I sent my Michael Jordan in that failed last time and several auto pro's said it looked just like Michael's signature from that time period on this board. I am sure it will fail after seeing these recent results but I really wonder how you can accurately determine auto's are no good if a persons signature has changed some during their career.

In the batch of Miami auto's I sent in the two Dusty Rhodes and once again never even gave a seconds thought to them not passing until Knapp alerted me his didn't from the recent signing. They did pass thankfully but once again if an auto was received a month ago it seems to me it should be able to be authenticated accurately by the best in the business.

I have 16 other auto's at PSA now and most were gotten by me in person and now I am really nervous I may be flushing more money down the drain. I have to think this over more but I am heavily leaning towards just sticking with cards. Time will tell how they do and hopefully my luck improves on that order.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Man that sucks.......they sure seem good to me. I don't know what to say......welcome to the club? >>

I have had 5 no goes this month on the auto front and I am seriously questioning whether I plan to purchase anymore. There are quite a few collectors who are having wrestling items fail when they know they are good. I never gave it a seconds thought on the Miami cards I sent in. There is no way anyone would forge over 100 Miami Hurricanes players autographs. It is easy to forget but Dwayne Johnson in 1994 was a back up and no one could have ever predicted he would go on to such success.

I showed these Andre's to someone who has gotten personally several and handled numerous others that have passed both PSA and JSA and he said 100% real for sure. No question what so ever. The fact that both failed is puzzling to me and disappointing to say the least. Fortunately I don't have a ton of money in the project but the lady I bought them from has had Elvis and John Wayne and many other valuable auto's pass and offers a money back guarantee if they don't so she has no reason to peddle fake auto's. I cut them up and plan to keep them regardless but it is really making me question this whole auto thing.

I sent my Michael Jordan in that failed last time and several auto pro's said it looked just like Michael's signature from that time period on this board. I am sure it will fail after seeing these recent results but I really wonder how you can accurately determine auto's are no good if a persons signature has changed some during their career.

In the batch of Miami auto's I sent in the two Dusty Rhodes and once again never even gave a seconds thought to them not passing until Knapp alerted me his didn't from the recent signing. They did pass thankfully but once again if an auto was received a month ago it seems to me it should be able to be authenticated accurately by the best in the business.

I have 16 other auto's at PSA now and most were gotten by me in person and now I am really nervous I may be flushing more money down the drain. I have to think this over more but I am heavily leaning towards just sticking with cards. Time will tell how they do and hopefully my luck improves on that order. >>

send them to JSA and then get them reholdered
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I collect providence college basketball signed rookie cards. It's very cheap and a small checklist and being from RI its a fun project... Here is where I completely lost faith in auto grading... I subbed a few PC pre 1998 auto insert cards and snuck in a Marques Brag card that I just wrote his name on it. I had no idea what his auto looked like.. Just scribbled something with a cursive M and cursive B. Well it passed. They clearly didn't have any samples of Marques Brag signatures. It should have gotten an N9. This isn't an example of mis grading or human error. It's blatantly wrong. The person most likely just saw the other providence signatures and figured no one in their right mind would waste 15 bucks on a fake Marques brag auto..
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>I collect providence college basketball signed rookie cards. It's very cheap and a small checklist and being from RI its a fun project... Here is where I completely lost faith in auto grading... I subbed a few PC pre 1998 auto insert cards and snuck in a Marques Brag card that I just wrote his name on it. I had no idea what his auto looked like.. Just scribbled something with a cursive M and cursive B. Well it passed. They clearly didn't have any samples of Marques Brag signatures. It should have gotten an N9. This isn't an example of mis grading or human error. It's blatantly wrong. The person most likely just saw the other providence signatures and figured no one in their right mind would waste 15 bucks on a fake Marques brag auto.. >>

Did you go to PC?

by the way that story is soooooooooo funny.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Haha no but I've always been a fan of them growing up in RI
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I collect providence college basketball signed rookie cards. It's very cheap and a small checklist and being from RI its a fun project... Here is where I completely lost faith in auto grading... I subbed a few PC pre 1998 auto insert cards and snuck in a Marques Brag card that I just wrote his name on it. I had no idea what his auto looked like.. Just scribbled something with a cursive M and cursive B. Well it passed. They clearly didn't have any samples of Marques Brag signatures. It should have gotten an N9. This isn't an example of mis grading or human error. It's blatantly wrong. The person most likely just saw the other providence signatures and figured no one in their right mind would waste 15 bucks on a fake Marques brag auto.. >>

Did you go to PC?

by the way that story is soooooooooo funny. >>

This story is funny but not funny.

• Options
    This just hit EBAY. For anyone who wants to see what a lot of the wrestlers auto's look like this magazine has a ton of them in it.

Japan Auto Mag
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    He is asking for more money than the other ones have went for.........
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2017 11:00AM
    Andre
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    Andre auto T Shirt

This probably confirms there is a real hand print photo signed from Japan at some point.

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    This red handprint(tegata) is also on the front of one of his WWE DVDs although without the signature. Would be great to dig an authentic one up someday.
  • Options

<< <i>This red handprint(tegata) is also on the front of one of his WWE DVDs although without the signature. Would be great to dig an authentic one up someday. >>

I believe it is earlier in this thread where an example in black and white from Japan was posted for sale on a Yahoo auction.

My point was I think there has to be a real one of those.

If it could ever be proven what a piece of American history that would be.

• Options
    edited July 22, 2017 11:00AM
    Andre
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    edited July 22, 2017 11:01AM
    Andre

• Options
    Andre

• Options
    Andre

• Options
    Andre

I placed an early bid on this and it has moved higher then I was planning on going so I will share it with the board.

A very cool Andre piece from the 1960's.