Post your best Andre the Giant card or auto - wrestling

Comments

• Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2017 10:58AM
    Andre
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the Bobo and the Andre from your February posting....those are very nice!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Thanks Rob, if your friend ever wants to sell that 1982 Andre just e-mail me and we'll try to work something out.
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that card was PSA/DNA authenticated and in a holder it would be a monster.

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I picked this up recently. A Japanese IWA Pro Wrestling Program from 1971 when Andre wrestled under the name "Monster Roussimoff". It is signed by Thunder Sugiyama as well!

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Very cool pick up. That has to be one of the earliest Andre pieces I've seen.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    It's the earliest I've ever seen too.
  • Options
    That is a very neat piece of memorabilia of Andre.......
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Navarro's old signed all star of Andre is on ebay now.........
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2017 10:58AM
    Andre

• Options
    Here is my addition!

• Options
    Nice card.

• Options

• Options
    I just picked this up today from the mailbox

• Options

• Options
    How many of the 1973 annuals do you have of Andre, Knapp? And what are the grades? A cool card for sure.
  • Options
    Rob, only 3 left: 7, 8, 9. The 8 and 9 have huge borders. KNAPP

• Options
    Yeah that is why the Denucci never had a chance......LOL. Interesting to see the grades and the borders that the annuals have.....
  • Options
    A nice annual hasn't shown up on ebay in awhile. I'm not sure if people are hoarding these, or are they just that hard to come by. No matter how many new Japanese cards of Andre keep showing up, they won't pre-date the 1973.

• Options
    That is a given with the Japanese cards not being earlier than the annual. It will be interesting to see how the market unfolds for this card over time. I'll always have one for my collection. I have my 9 and 6 right now.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A nice annual hasn't shown up on ebay in awhile. I'm not sure if people are hoarding these, or are they just that hard to come by. No matter how many new Japanese cards of Andre keep showing up, they won't pre-date the 1973. >>

That is true. But these are still just paper cut outs. They do look nice slabbed but the stock way to thin for them to be considered a card IMO. You could never hold a stack of them raw and go through them like a standard card.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    I was slow to warm up to the 1973s but they are nice in a slab and in many ways are more appealing than any perforated cards on a thinner stock than typical cardboard (without the outside perforation distraction, etc), or old strip cards that are skinny and cut out from a strip, etc. I like the look of these way more than some of the "shiney" cards that are produced today. The fact that there were very few wrestling cards produced for many years adds to the appeal in my opinion. They have nice qualities of a card with a name and a nice biography on the back....some cards have blank backs or just a number on the back and no mention of the wrestler (in English) like the Yamakatsu cards. Other cards are found where you don't know who the main wrestler is featured like some of the Japanese cards with Andre the Giant and Inoki, etc. I think it is easy to pick on the 1973 annuals but there are many reasons why they are not much different than other forms of a "card" we collect. I do admit that these in slabs makes these cards over raw, but I can simply find a resolution to this "problem" and sub them to PSA to have a nice collectible. I'm a fan now as you know and there are many reasons why I find them just as or more appealing than other cards.
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2017 10:59AM
    Andre

• Options
    WOW those are nice!!!

One day Leaf is going to come knocking at your door for one of those!!!

• Options
    Although not a card, a pretty cool Andre piece that I picked up at the Chantilly show. This mug is very large....about 10" tall.

• Options
    Time to fill that puppy up!!!
  • Options
    Working on it. Had to sanitize it a little.
  • Options

<< <i>If you have any please post. Thanks, Greg

DPeck needs this one!
  • Options
    Andre would have that cup full of beer!
  • Options
    It holds over a liter of beer!
  • Options

<< <i>It holds over a liter of beer! >>

Not sure I understand the issue here?
  • Options
    According to many accounts, Andre was an avid drinker. I guess this mug is fitting. I wonder what his favorite beer is?
  • Options
    A full one?
  • Options

<< <i>A full one? >>

Very nice!!!

I see there is a Hulk mug too!
  • Options
    On Thursday of this week I happened to see an Andre The Giant auto pop up on EBAY with an opening bid of $90 and a Buy It Now of $120. I looked at it for a second and said go for it. I quickly emailed the seller to see if they had any others and that if so I would purchase them for the same price of $120. An hour or so later I got an email indicating yes and a scan and notification of the PayPal money request. I just checked the tracking number and they have indeed been sent and are on their way.

Here are the scans from the seller that were provided.

image[/URL]

image[/URL]

• Options
    Wow, does that say 1975 or 1978?
  • Options
    I think it says 1978.....
  • Options
    Andre auto

It says 1978. I should be getting these today which is exciting.
  • Options
    Dave, trim those up. This is my recent pick-up.

[URL=http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/boxingandwrestling/media/Andre87_zps14c1f79d.jpg.html]image[/URL]

• Options
    Knapp did you get a quick opinion on it or just feel that it is good?
  • Options
    Japan Auto magazine

What an incredible resource this magazine could be for PSA.

• Options
    these are now mine!

imageimage
  • Options
    I sent these off to PSA two months ago so I suspect I should be getting poppage in December (did take two weeks to log).

• Options
    Rob, nice hoard.

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Japan Auto magazine

What an incredible resource this magazine could be for PSA. >>

That's a pretty sweet magazine.
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Japan Auto magazine

What an incredible resource this magazine could be for PSA. >>

That's a pretty sweet magazine. >>

I'd like to get me a copy of it.
  • Options

<< <i>Rob, nice hoard. >>

I never thought I would get into these cards this deep but these are great cards. I'm open for trades for sure. I'll get them all slabbed first.
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2017 11:00AM
    Andre

• Options

<< <i>On Thursday of this week I happened to see an Andre The Giant auto pop up on EBAY with an opening bid of $90 and a Buy It Now of $120. I looked at it for a second and said go for it. I quickly emailed the seller to see if they had any others and that if so I would purchase them for the same price of $120. An hour or so later I got an email indicating yes and a scan and notification of the PayPal money request. I just checked the tracking number and they have indeed been sent and are on their way.

Here are the scans from the seller that were provided.

image[/URL]

image[/URL] >>

No luck on the Andre's with PSA. I cut them down to size and I hope that didn't hurt my chances. I know someone who has had many Andre auto's pass and thought for sure they were real.

Cert # Item Primary Subject Result/Grade
    83496939 Cut ANDRE THE GIANT Questionable Authenticity
    83496940 Cut ANDRE THE GIANT Questionable Authenticity
    Total Items: 2
    Date Received: 12/17/2013
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: Ready to Ship
  • Options
    Man that sucks.......they sure seem good to me. I don't know what to say......welcome to the club?