Home Metal Detecting

Hurricane Sandy

Once this storm settles down how long before people will be on the beach detecting? Does a storm like this uncover alot of new stuff or bury it deeper?

Comments

• GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    It might uncover some nice stuff for someone in the right place to get it when the storm clears.
    Ed
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe a little bit of both. thats the whole thing by getting out there and checking it out image happy hunting all
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    you will find someones car under all that sand
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many years ago a big Pacific storm hit the beachs of Monterey and Carmel, Cal. The bright white sand of Carmel beach was swept out to sea leaving a rocky wasteland exposes to the sun. Similar thing happened in Monterey. A metal detector went to the beach area in Monterey to do some hunting and found a $20.00 gold Liberty double eagle.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    would certainly be interesting to see what comes up. Could be some nice old jewelry coming up, or maybe it got washed out with the sand. Wish I wasn't so far from any beach...
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone know of anyone that has been out yet? just wondering
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those beaches in New Jersey should yield some interesting finds.....Cheers, RickO
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm real close to the FL Treasure coast,there has been a few "wash-ups"
    The weather is just about right,and will be giving it a try.
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandy has uncovered old boardwalks from six or seven decades ago.
    Should be great hunting.
    If you're interested, go to Facebook and 'like' the "Jersey Shore Hurricane News".
    Many, many pics.
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Didn't read of any treasures but they found bones in tree roots that uprooted when trees fell.

Old bones in tree toots

Tree was planted in 1909
    Ed
  • i remember that $20 gold well. that was Tom. did/do you know him? that was back in 1996. we hunted that area a week after he got that coin. i think he dug 3 gold coins that week.