Home Precious Metals

deceptive ebay listing?

derrybderryb Posts: 36,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dissatisfaction
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Pretty ingenious for someone who has "multipuls" for sale.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Caveat emptor. I believe the buyer will receive:

"Pic of one 1oz Liberty Gold Coin 2012 Out of A Mint 10 Count Roll." image
    “Be so good they can't ignore you.” — Jerry Dunn
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Buying from a 10 sale seller as well, via Posted from ebay mobile. Maybe its real..
    COA
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    It's actually significantly cheaper in fees for the seller to sell them that way rather than a BIN auction and buyers pick how many they want.
    I honestly don't see anything wrong here.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will ship pic certified or UPS mail fully insured at declared value upon funds being cleared?????

I had an item I bought from a low feedback seller, it was $8 he emailed me after I paid and said he would ship as soon as paypal released the fundsimage

At $8 I didn't care but somehow i think with an ounce of gold I doubt folks would be that patient.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's actually significantly cheaper in fees for the seller to sell them that way rather than a BIN auction and buyers pick how many they want.
    I honestly don't see anything wrong here. >>

Picture of a coin for $1580 - something is wrong.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the necklace listing he has up it says this

Item will ship when funds clear PayPal! It's GOLD!!!!!!!

That means he is going to be negged clear off ebay long before he ships anything but he can still cause some stress to buyers even if they ultimately get their money back
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I asked him if he was selling a picture. No answer yet.
    Becky
    What am I missing? I guess someone is going to have to spell this one out for me, sorry. I still don't see anything wrong.
    Is the low shipping fee the issue? Is it that it went for less than it's worth? That might be attributed a newbie selling it.
    I don't know, what's wrong with this auction other than the seller is taking a hit...but we don't know what he's into it for either.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given all the other misspellings, should we assume that "pic" is spelled correctly? Perhaps the seller meant piece?

That said, I would not be a buyer however.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAVEAT EMPTOR. "Warning Will Rogers"

The AGE BIN was below spot....As the saying goes: If it's to good to be true...etc..etc..

If he's waiting for PayPal to remove the hold status of payments made before shipping the item(s).....He and the buyer may have a looooong wait.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>What am I missing? I guess someone is going to have to spell this one out for me, sorry. I still don't see anything wrong.
    Is the low shipping fee the issue? Is it that it went for less than it's worth? That might be attributed a newbie selling it.
    I don't know, what's wrong with this auction other than the seller is taking a hit...but we don't know what he's into it for either. >>

then buy his $1580 picture, it's a bargain.

• PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure he changed the title before it sold. I am 99% sure the original title alluded to the sale being for a picture of one AGE from a mint tube of 10.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
    yep, he changed it from "pic" to actual coin.

• tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    He does have another auction that looks like it says a pic of an opened mint tube for $3.25.
    "Pic Opened Roll of 10-1oz Liberty Gold Coins 2012" with a picture of such. Hilarious.

His 10 ratings are 8 of buyer, 2 of private, 1 of which was buying a gun part.
    COA
    Thanks to Pokermandude, I now understand. Would've been nice if someone would've pointed that out and not left me hanging. I didn't click on any of this til the auction was over.

<< <i>Thanks to Pokermandude, I now understand. Would've been nice if someone would've pointed that out and not left me hanging. I didn't click on any of this til the auction was over. >>

<< <i>Picture of a coin for $1580 - something is wrong. >>

sometimes it helps to read the thread.

Again, thaT was after the auction ended. You guys were talking about it before it ended and then prodeeded to leave me hangin when I first saw all this...after the auction ended. All it would've taken someone to do is what pokermandude did, but choose not to and mislead me. Kind of like what the seller of this auction did...pot, kettle, black. image
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    derryb.....did you notice that the seller has his other 1 oz AGE listed in the Copper bullion category? What a Dumkopf ...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."