Home Precious Metals
Options

Downslide envoke your buying?

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Its been another week, and the drop in the silver price 'chart' shows more than a temporary dip and trend into a bit of a downslide ($35 to $32.50 ish). I'm hoping, and not expecting it, to be that deep overall.

Increased buy justification for me, as I'd rather buy at $32.50, than $35+.

You?
COA

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying opportunity. went back in this morning on the paper side with USLV. Turned profits from last USLV flip into a green box. would be nice to be able to do it again. I feel confident I will, just a question of how long it will take.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These current prices feel about "right" to me (I'm in a holding mode), as I'd buy more silver below $27 and sell some above $38.

With gold, I'm a buyer below $1550 and a seller above $1900, and with platinum it's $1450 and $1800.

These trades would be around core positions ("stacks") I'm currently happy with,
    might be different if I was still in accumulation mode (that was mostly 1998-2001 when stocks were screaming higher and I was trying to diversify)

new coin money is going into numismatic coins (and, based on many "friday" posts here, much of the bullion money is going into "collectible" bars and rounds with a premium attached

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    buying opportunity appears to be expanding itself.

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>buying opportunity appears to be expanding itself. >>

image Eloquent speech for "dem derr metals are droppin' like a rock".
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    How does this affect the balance of the base Silver ETFs?
    COA
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver now lower than when FED announced QE3.

Evil Banksters!!! Everyone know silver MUST go up when QE is announced. Its the law!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>Silver now lower than when FED announced QE3.

Evil Banksters!!! Everyone know silver MUST go up when QE is announced. Its the law!!! >>

down can be good, if you let it. You don't have to catch the tops and the bottoms, you just have to sell at a higher price than you bought. The further off you are from catching the tops and the bottoms the less the profit and the longer it may take to acquire it. With this approach, timing is not as important as patience. Volatility can be your friend, especially in a long term bull trend. This approach works as long as the bull trend continues and as long as one does not panic.

As long as the buyers continue to outnumber the sellers, lower is just a temporary condition.

• Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Time for QE4. Take care. jws
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would behoove everyone to go back read the threads about silver from a month ago. What was the general feeling or sentiment that you picked up in those threads?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>It would behoove everyone to go back read the threads about silver from a month ago. What was the general feeling or sentiment that you picked up in those threads? >>

My sentiment remains unchanged - silver is in a long term bull trend. Stack for the long haul, trade paper on the volatility in the short term. When the long term trend changes my sentiment will follow. For the long term trend to change, the fundamentals must change. Fundamentals, not the current spot price, determine my sentiment. Current spot price is used to determine if and what action to take in order to make short term paper profits. A long term bull trend increases your chances of profiting with paper if you are patient. This approach can work with any investment that shows itself to be in an upward long term trend.

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Not surprising at all if you're been in the silver market for more than a few years. My target is around $29.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options

<< <i>Not surprising at all if you're been in the silver market for more than a few years. My target is around $29. >>

The more profits I turn with my method the more profit cushion I have protecting me when the trend eventually turns.

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not surprising at all if you're been in the silver market for more than a few years. My target is around $29. >>

The more profits I turn with my method the more profit cushion I have protecting me when the trend eventually turns. >>

I liked ur old icon more image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The more profits I turn with my method the more profit cushion I have protecting me when the trend eventually turns. >>

I liked ur old icon more image >>

Ben's now my friend.

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>when the trend eventually turns. >>

And as most of us have seen before, when it turns, it turns fast and sharp. As soon as we break below $30 I'll be keeping a very close eye on the charts.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Today was a large buying day for me and plenty of room to buy more if it gets lower!image
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I liked ur old icon more image >>

Ben's now my friend. >>

What did good ole Ben do to deserve your friendship image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>What did good ole Ben do to deserve your friendship image >>

I learned to call his bluffs.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What did good ole Ben do to deserve your friendship image >>

I learned to call his bluffs. >>

Thanks for the laugh!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been too busy "working" to buy or sell.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>buying opportunity appears to be expanding itself. >>

image Eloquent speech for "dem derr metals are droppin' like a rock". >>

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These moves between $5 silver and $200 silver <<<insert your own numbers here>>> are just "a bump in the road".
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    grabbed another ASE tube today.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>grabbed another ASE tube today. >>

You should have waited for the overseas markets to open...could have saved a few bucks in doing so.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

You should have waited for the overseas markets to open...could have saved a few bucks in doing so.image >>

$26.31 oz with ebay bucks. Patience paid off.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

You should have waited for the overseas markets to open...could have saved a few bucks in doing so.image >>

$26.31 oz with ebay bucks. Patience paid off. >>

Yes indeed...eBay APMEX?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

$26.31 oz with ebay bucks. Patience paid off. >>

Yes indeed...eBay APMEX? >>

no, cheaper. His last one available in BIN