Home Metal Detecting
Options

Metal Detector Help ---- First Detector

I have the chance to pick up a White 5000 Series 3. I was wondering if this is a good unit. This will be my first detector, so I dont need nothing super high tech. I know its quite old but its a White and from my understanding White is a good unit. I have a band saw that I have 35.00 into, a guy wants to trade the White for it. I think I should pull the trigger but I just needed to know if its a good starter detector. The age kinda bothers me. He said it has all the manuals and comes with a blue bag, it has not been used in years (hes sending me pics). Thanks for the information in advance.
Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you want to do that? Metal detecting can cause fever, aches, pains, frustration, anticipation, and just about the best feeling in the world when something good is in that hole. I enjoy my addiction :-).

I'm not familiar with too many models but I would recommend checking out the unit on YouTube. That was one of my research resources when looking for mine. For $35 you can't do too bad. Whites makes good machines.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White's makes great equipment. However, the technology has advanced considerably. My recommendation would be to call White's technical service and talk to them first. They can be very helpful. Good luck, RickO
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you do look at it, open the battery compartment and make sure he didn't leave batteries
    in the unit and then they corrode the terminals and ruin the unit.

For $35, heck yes go for it.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com