Home Precious Metals
Options

US Mint survey - Oct 2012

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody else get the mint survey about the gold buffs and possible design changes? And maybe some fractional action?

I voted no on the design change, but said if they did that artist submissions would be entertaining. And a big yes on fractionals across the board, would love to have that option again.

Comments

• Options
    I received it yesterday and just completed now.
    Yes for me too on the fractionals!

Privy mark?! No please!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I threw mine away.
    I have lost interest in what the mint is trying to screw us with.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really trust that an agent of the government is interested in or will listen to my opinion. I wonder how much money gets wasted by creating such a survey and then manipulating the results to pad someone's appraisal at work so that raises and bonuses can get handed out?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't received it.

There is a thread on the coin forum.

I would think a reverse proof in a 4 coin set woul sell like crazy.

But I would also say they are getting back to too many issues and should stick with core issues with the occasional special issue, like the UHR, 25th ann set.

They probably feel like they are missding out on money, but they need only to look ath the plat proof issues and the mint to order 75th 2 coin set plus the BEP/Mint 1 coin-1 note set. when they had 10000 plat proofs and 100k 25th sets people were killing themselves to get them, when they upped the mintage suddenly the public didn't go crazy for them. And relatively speaking the BEP/Mint issue was a flop because it was just another issue.

If they keep minting frac buffs, especially at full sales mintages vs. limited ones, then it becomes just another coin.

I'm not saying restrict the mintages, I'm saying restrict the number of issues and that will make them more special.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    The mint sees $$$$. The Buffalo set will probably be offered.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mint is a business now, and is pressured to show a profit. Cheers, RickO