Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is the VCP site down?

I cannot seem to access it.
I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.

Comments

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    Yup, won't connect here either. Hopefully just temporary.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    It's working for me. This is a while after you posted, so hopefully it's working for you guys now.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Comes and goes almost every day. Was not sure if it was me or the site but now I know.
  • Options
    That early in the morning it is still running scripts and updating values. We
    try to do all the heavy stuff when there is the least amount of traffic on the
    site.
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Very slow today. It is midday on the East Coast. Is it a slow time of the day for you all?
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    most of it works for me, but the "my inventory" part will not work...just loads forever. I asked customer service about it and they said they are aware and have their best men (or women) working on it
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    It is incredibly slow, and if Carlos is not working on the site, then it is not getting done.
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

+1
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

+1 >>

+2 Bad Day for VCP....grrr

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    It was working this morning, then went down as I was using it.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    eh. i got my ass kicked up, down and sideways trying to win cards today.

thanks for breaking it. image
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

+1 >>

+2Coupla Bad Days for VCP....grrr >>

Fixed it for ya.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    again. sigh.

hey Bobby - i realize grievances and petty complaints should typically be kept private, but this is a matter which seemingly concerns more than just one person here.

from a standpoint of selfishness, i offer my whine......FIX THE PROBLEM, IT BUGS ME.

i hit your site every day, at any given time, like just now. 6am on Monday. to counter with the running scripts and updating values excuse, seems to me my subscription money isn't getting me what i deserve.

i should be able to check information at random and have a fairly good success rate accessing the site. as each day passes, it's getting tougher and tougher to use it.
  • Options
    It's after 9am on the east coast here, trying to bid on an item that ends in 3 hours and I guess I'll just have to wait until it is a convenient time in Hawaii. Sorry seller, my bid may have been higher, or even placed had my paid subscription service been working. image
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    It is 1030 pm est and I have 20 cards that I want to check...at the rate I am going it will be 1030 am tomorrow before I am done.

I am a big fan of VCP and recommend it to people all the time, but it is very Frustrating. I use it everyday at different times and lately it seems that no matter what time I use it is very sloooow.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    We are trying to get things balanced and it is not working very well. We
    are very sorry about the delays and speed of the site. The good news is
    once we get things working we will be moving to a cloud server system.
    This will give us 3 processors and a dedicated server. Which means that for
    now on there should never be any down time and the site should be fast
    24/7 Any of our scripts and updates should not effect the users experience.
    We should be able to make this move in the next couple of weeks. And it
    will give us the processing power to finally do a lot of updates to the site
    that we have been wanting to add for a long time.

Again sorry for the delays it won't last much longer.
  • Options
    ttt for a solution.

i will now go chew on some razor blades.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Still a YAWN-athon over there
  • Options
    26 days and counting.....yet billing seems to be happening right on schedule
  • Options
    The site is fine and we made some changes to relieve the script load until we move
    to the new servers. If you are not happy then I suggest you cancel your subscription
    for now and rejoin again at a later date.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The site is giving me an error and I havent been able to go to the site all day.
    Seems down right now.
    Anyone else?
  • Options
    We took the site offline for about 30 minutes to do some Mysql improvements and
    increasing the Ram to the server. Right now the site is screaming fast and I have
    never seen it this good.
  • Options
    Edit ^^what bobby said^^ very nice now. Hopefully cured.

Off and on. Randomly.

Fine now, was very frustrating a few hours ago, about 9-10 am est.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    The site has been down for me all day today 11/13.I tried different browsers and it even will not work on my iphone. Am I the only one??
  • Options
    great. just great. now this thing is running so fast, i blinked and missed it.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    + 1 to Jeff's frustrations.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    HI RON BURGUNDY!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    I've been a critic of the site, especially lately, but it is flying right along now at 9:44 eastern time. image
    Lately is has been slow or dead at this time.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

<< <i>HI RON BURGUNDY!!!!!!!!!!!!! image >>

Campaign season must be over?? LOL
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Top o' the morning, men. image
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    I'm no engineer, but VCP may need more cheese.

• Options
    Since I complained about how slow the site was running a week or so ago, I thought it only fair to mention that I have been using it all day today with no problems...it has been running very fast and I have been able to make up for a lot of lost time.

Thank you Bobby, hopefully we are good to go from now on image

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Anyone seeing a massive slowdown today? It was moving like a bullet last week and now the problems are back.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
    quick right now. i did notice last night around 6PM that it was slow, then i couldn't get on at all.

possibly Bobby is adjusting times for maintenance to help satisfy those of us who've complained about it.

overall, things do seem to be getting better. hang in there.
  • Options
    Again?
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    working fine for me

------
    stupid print dots

• Options

<< <i>working fine for me >>

me too
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options